Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I noticed a slight weirdness on my transmission (Its auto here) that I can't really explain. For one, I'll be at a stoplight, then the light turns green, I hit the gas, car accelerates normally and goes through 1st gear but when its time to shift to 2nd, it doesn't, instead, it shifts to 3rd gear and immediately shift back to 2nd gear and accelerate there. Afterward, it goes through 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 fine. I'm not sure why this happened, it was on a level road and it only happened that one time so far...

Secondly, I'm pretty sure the autos for the RSX doesn't have any type of "Overdrive" function, at least, not that I know of. Normally, at 65 mph for me, my RPMs would be at 2.3-2.4k in 5th gear, last time I checked it was.., but sometimes, I would accelerate fast to something about.. 60-65 mph (like entering the freeway) then when I level off the gas a little (not releasing the gas), the RPM would drop to about 1.4-1.5k while I'm going somewhere like 65 mph. The RPM actually stay there so long as I don't accelerate.. when I accelerate, the rpm jump back to normal (for 65 mph, 5th gear, its ~2.3-2.4k). Has anyone else had that happen?

I only have 24000 miles on the car, 05 base auto.. only mod is an SRI intake.. nothing else. Oh, and the car's insanely dirty..

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
1) Clean car
2) Take off SRI
3) Go to dealer under warranty....

let them deal with it...

Is this problem easily duplictable? if so they will take care of it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) I should
2/3) It doesn't seem like the probably is easily duplictiable. I've only managed to duplicate the second one if I accelerate really quickly from a stop then slowly release the gas. The first one, I still haven't be able to duplicate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts