Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to dyno my base RSX, because there was a local Honda dyno day. I have no performance mods. The weather outside was about 93-95 F w/75% humidity. The dyno charts look a lil' low to me, but is this close or average for stock base RSXs? Any (helpful) input will be appreciated.
attachmentid=112378">

Attachments

·
13,138 Posts
are u base auto? cuz i am and i hope i'm not that slow. but ppl say autos are like taht. maybe b/c temp was kinda high. man, why does the auto slow down so much?.....i'ma raise my idle speed in SS mode to launch better but it wont make HP gains...i'm gona go for hondata reflash...maybe that'll help....but fucking 600 bucks for damn computer adjustment...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a manual, it was humid, and hot, and it was done on a dynojet.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeahi said:
hmmm 125. That cannot be an auto, i'm thinking a manual. Those numbers you got there are pretty damn good. I've seen bases with mods dyno lower than that!

The guy that did the dyno told me it was pretty good for a stock car, but I was expecting 130s the least. I guess my expectations were to high. I'm currenty searching for other base RSX dynos to compare.

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
yea i say b/c of the weather it affected ur numbers. b/c a stock civic si dyno's at 138whp, and the si and base rsx is almost near the same motor. was a professional operating the dyno? bc if the person isnt trained on the dyno the numbers will not b accurate. if the base dynos are near 130whp then the type s is 160....??? :eek:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
juicyjoint316 said:
yea i say b/c of the weather it affected ur numbers. b/c a stock civic si dyno's at 138whp, and the si and base rsx is almost near the same motor. was a professional operating the dyno? bc if the person isnt trained on the dyno the numbers will not b accurate. if the base dynos are near 130whp then the type s is 160....??? :eek:

I would think he was a pro, or at least had sufficient knowledge to operate the dyno. I watchecd him strap down the car, push that thing in the exhaust(I forgot the name, I think it's for egt, maybe I'm wrong) he popped the hood(I think he put another [measuring] device in there) and he had a control in his hand when he did both pulls. The 1st pull was done in 4th gear and the other in 3rd gear, I don't which one is the 1st pull, though.

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
well was the dyno done on a laptop?? cuz i go 2 a mechanic school and our dyno is a mustang dyno which uses a laptop. bc the k-series motor has a 10 - 15% drivetrain loss. ima put my 5spd rsx on the dyno soon and i only hav a injen cai.

·
Absolute Pro-Formance
15,515 Posts
Rather normal for a Manual from what I've seen.

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
yea mustang dynos do suck cuz a neon dynoed 120whp and 450lb-ft torque lol pretty inaccurate 2 me.. and my roomates prelude vtec with cai, cat-back exhaust, pulleys and flywheel dynoed at 140whp and 210 lb-ft torque . almost a 33% drivetrain loss. i jus find it hard 2 believe a rsx dynos 120whp or so wen it can smoke a civic which dynos 108whp . ill believe it wen i dyno my car soon....

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
juicyjoint316 said:
well was the dyno done on a laptop?? cuz i go 2 a mechanic school and our dyno is a mustang dyno which uses a laptop. bc the k-series motor has a 10 - 15% drivetrain loss. ima put my 5spd rsx on the dyno soon and i only hav a injen cai.
No laptop, he used a desktop, I could view the application while the car was on the dyno, from where I was standing.

·
Boots to Asses
6,403 Posts
iight well my roomate that is a hondahead said it sounds about right :mad: damn the base rsx has low whp numbers...! well ima trade in my car anyways and get the type s but it jus seems soo low tho cuz in sport compact car magazine and hot compact import mag says the k20a3 is around 135-142. im lookin at the superstreet mag right now its in my hands, its the issue with the civic si's ( the issue where its backwards) and says this "our stock si turned out a 142.6hp rating.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
juicyjoint316 said:
iight well my roomate that is a hondahead said it sounds about right :mad: damn the base rsx has low whp numbers...! well ima trade in my car anyways and get the type s but it jus seems soo low tho cuz in sport compact car magazine and hot compact import mag says the k20a3 is around 135-142. im lookin at the superstreet mag right now its in my hands, its the issue with the civic si's ( the issue where its backwards) and says this "our stock si turned out a 142.6hp rating.

Different dynos/+ different weather conditions/+ different altitudes = different readings.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I would say temperature and humidity affected it a little. Lowest I've seen on 5-speed was 129...most were around 134.

Mustang dynos are way off for our cars...the two mustang dynos that I've seen had type-s at like 115 and like 123. Somewhere near those numbers and we know that's completely off. It's still kind of a new thread, so someone could search and find the actual numbers...I'm lazy right now so I don't feel like searching.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
i got 115hp on my car and its an auto with an v-afc II which does nothing but improve my midrange power.
but i have herd diffrent dyno places give out diffrent results some high and some lower

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SpeeDemoN said:
Sorry but 125 is LOW especially for manual.
That was my 1st impression.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts