Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ftw

black with 69k on it flowmaster exhaust, b&m short shifter and some sort of chip thats hooked to the iat sensor or maf:dontknow:

he is gonna have his shop inspect it tomorrow and then probably take it

any input or fanboy comments?

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
werd...i doubt he will s/c...probably get a cam or something

its black btw

and its $14000....cheapest ive ever seen one...also the most miles ive seen on one for sale though

Attachments

·
Always Brave
67,134 Posts
I like the interior too, I was really pleased with it in my friends car.
It's comfortable too, I drove it for 6 hours one day and had no problems doing so.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah the interior is nice...the leather looks less worn then mine...course im only 14k shy of the mileage...the exterior seems to be in great shape, carfax looks ok...the only question is how well its running internally...sorta high miles for a gm..lol

·
Schrodinger's handywork:
1,990 Posts
I know everyone is going to disagree with me but I love that design from Pontiac. It was one of the first designs that wasn't gaudy, tachy, and very conservative. Same for the interior but dont know about the quality- never been in one. It also helps that it's got torque and rear wheel drive. Do they have an independent rear suspension?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
i always liked the look of the new GTO..well discontinued but still they're monsters. why get such a gas guzzler?

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i always liked the look of the new GTO..well discontinued but still they're monsters. why get such a gas guzzler?
it gets 17 city 29 hwy...thats not so bad

also he has a vibe gt w/ 177k on it that he managed to get 29mpg in so he will probably be driving that most of the time

he is all happy that he is gonna have 2 pontiacs that aren't really pontiacs..lol

·
SSless :-(
1,835 Posts
Good stuff! Get rid of that "chip". The LS1 pcm's are capable of doing anything you need. Either buy some tuning software and learn to tune, or get in touch with a good tuner in your area. The tune makes most of the difference in these cars! The cam swap isn't all that hard when compared to other pushrod motors. There's no break in time for the cam, and there are even access holes in the front of the block to put a rod in that will hold up the lifters! Spring changes aren't all that difficult either, specially on a GTO, since their heads aren't halfway under the cowl like on an f-body! Gimmie a pm if you have any questions on modding. It seems that he's got exhaust already, headers should be next...and they really wake up the car. Look for a realistic 25hp gain with headers and exhaust. Also, make sure the mechanic checks the alignment....some of the early GTO's had alignment problems that caused the front tires to rub on the strut.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
I know everyone is going to disagree with me but I love that design from Pontiac.
That's because it's not really a pontiac, but an Australian made Holden Monaro. :)

·
SSless :-(
1,835 Posts

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Good stuff! Get rid of that "chip". The LS1 pcm's are capable of doing anything you need. Either buy some tuning software and learn to tune, or get in touch with a good tuner in your area. The tune makes most of the difference in these cars! The cam swap isn't all that hard when compared to other pushrod motors. There's no break in time for the cam, and there are even access holes in the front of the block to put a rod in that will hold up the lifters! Spring changes aren't all that difficult either, specially on a GTO, since their heads aren't halfway under the cowl like on an f-body! Gimmie a pm if you have any questions on modding. It seems that he's got exhaust already, headers should be next...and they really wake up the car. Look for a realistic 25hp gain with headers and exhaust. Also, make sure the mechanic checks the alignment....some of the early GTO's had alignment problems that caused the front tires to rub on the strut.
yeah he knows about the alignment problem because he works at a tire shit...if u stick ur hand behind the tire there is like no room

the car seems to have a flowmaster catback already

sounds like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR_UDDdjbHM

1 - 20 of 118 Posts