Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to think I have bad luck wtih my car. People keep egging it on a regular basis and their starting to get smarter their just opening the egg onto the car sot he alarm won't go off. Anyway at 2 AM these hooligans put flour and egg on my car, and this shit is hard as heck to get off. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to get ir off. It's all over the top of my car and it's the combined flour and egg. So it dries and solidifies like right away.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
EvilElmo said:
I'm starting to think I have bad luck wtih my car. People keep egging it on a regular basis and their starting to get smarter their just opening the egg onto the car sot he alarm won't go off. Anyway at 2 AM these hooligans put flour and egg on my car, and this shit is hard as heck to get off. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to get ir off. It's all over the top of my car and it's the combined flour and egg. So it dries and solidifies like right away.

You'd better get that stuff off your car ASAP, or else it will eat away your paint. I had 1 egg on my hood and it cracked the paint. EEK

·
Registered
95 Posts
yeah my car got egged, but just one and luckly it just hit the spoiler and splattered all over the back windsheild. caught it within 2 hours and took it to the car wash. as for the flour, i have no idea. sorry to hear about your luck

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
what is it in the eggs that makes it so dangerous to the paint? is it the acidity? or the impact of the egg shell hitting the paint?

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Emy said:
...done :) i got my live 24/7 live camera :thumbsup: only $300

or you could also use the tape to take legal action...nothing wrong with using their stupidity to finance your future mods :)

lat-R

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
I had my car egged about about 2 years ago. The people who did it threw the eggs so hard that it chipped paint off my trunk lid. The shit dried over night and took about 2 hours to completely get off. I ended up having to pay my $100 vandalism deductible to get the trunk completely repainted. Fucking assholes.

·
Registered
212 Posts
shibbism said:
what is it in the eggs that makes it so dangerous to the paint? is it the acidity? or the impact of the egg shell hitting the paint?

I think it's the proteins that are in the egg. Bird doo-doo is more acidic, but what the hell do I know. I am sorry to hear that though. This type of action just goes against the man-code: Thou shall not fuck with another mans vehicle. The penelty is an ass-kicking from hell. :jigglemad

I would try to soak the egg and flower first. Or take it to a self wash and let the pressure washer get most of it off, just don't get to close.

6,327 Posts
here's the best tip i could provide,IMPROVE people skills,my neighborhood is ghetto like shit,but my cat never got tripped on by these nasty F%kers.always say whats up dawg? and add compliments like.."those chrome rims on your Buick looks tight",or "Damn that FEAR THIS sticker on your Red Sentra is just bad ass where'd you get those?...,and most of the time they agree wit ya and they cool wit ya and they leave your FUckin RSX alone..ya heard? :laughing:

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
Or just sit outside in a lawn chair at night until they come back, what you do after is totally up to you. I personally would beat them harder than Joe jackson beat his kids.

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
It's not so much the egg that causes the damage, it's the shell of the egg. We see this all the time in at work, you can tell when a car has been egged because theres a little like...shatter mark around it. Looks like a small circle with deep little scratches all around it.

I would just suggest busting out the hose and getting that shit off your car, also, if your still worried about it, go get a car cover, I would rather have eggs hitting thin fiber than my cars paint.

I also think you should tape it, then after you've caught them on tape, wait for them to come back, run out there, take one of them out and make them pay for further modifications!

·
Registered
456 Posts
yea so anyways i get egged quite a lot, used to be like at least for sure once a month. now not so bad. i remember calling the police a bunch of times, so they could keep a better eye around my neighborhood. the cop said that he cant do anything to the person egging me, unless they break something. he says he catches kids egging people all the time, but can only tell them to pick up wat they can and leave. sucks.

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
zzwannabedjzz said:
yea so anyways i get egged quite a lot, used to be like at least for sure once a month. now not so bad. i remember calling the police a bunch of times, so they could keep a better eye around my neighborhood. the cop said that he cant do anything to the person egging me, unless they break something. he says he catches kids egging people all the time, but can only tell them to pick up wat they can and leave. sucks.
They can't do anything to the kids egging you? WTF is that, thats vandalism, why can't you get picked up for that. Sounds like the cops were just BS to me.

Tell you what if people were egging my shit, they would be throwing eggs while I'm throwin some heat....if ya know what I mean :laughing: I'm glad I live in a good neighborhood where nobody will mess with my car and it's in the garage locked anyways!

·
Registered
422 Posts
some people can be pretty fucked up, my friend has an old 1990 accord, and you know those round mirrors that goes on the rear mirrors to aid in sight, yeah that little piece of crap round mirror thing gets jacked, thats so fucked up lol. who the hell jacks two round mirrors that is attached onto the rear mirrors

1 - 20 of 22 Posts