Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
touge runner
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my cars been going downhill ever since I got it...
I got the infamous 2nd gear grind
my 3rd gear always pops right back out

RECENTLY
my cars been making really sound squeaking nioses like rats in my engine everytime i go on a slow roll on first gear and engage the clutch

my cars been starting later than it used to before whenever i put the key into ignition

but worst of all everytime im making a right turn like at a corner of a street I hear this faint noise coming from somewhere in front of the car its like this faint knocking noise tak tak tak tak (thats the best way i can explain it)....

just needed to vent... :firemad: but if anyone got suggestions or fix-it solutions please le tme know :noes:

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
We both have the exact same problems man. :rotfl:

Anyway, they all can be fixed and Yes, this is the first and LAST honda/acura I will ever buy. :p

·
Registered
152 Posts
Take it to the dealer for the noises, but you just have to live with the gear popouts, it's in 90% of everyone's RSX's.
I'm in the 10% :w00t: :vtec: So far anyway:pray: But my suspension creaks like Rosie Odonnell high heels. Hopefully droppin' it on some BC coilovers real soon (are they in yet crsx.com) should take care of that.

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
Well my cars been going downhill ever since I got it...
I got the infamous 2nd gear grind
my 3rd gear always pops right back out

RECENTLY
my cars been making really sound squeaking nioses like rats in my engine everytime i go on a slow roll on first gear and engage the clutch

my cars been starting later than it used to before whenever i put the key into ignition

but worst of all everytime im making a right turn like at a corner of a street I hear this faint noise coming from somewhere in front of the car its like this faint knocking noise tak tak tak tak (thats the best way i can explain it)....

just needed to vent... :firemad: but if anyone got suggestions or fix-it solutions please le tme know :noes:
Tell the dealer about the 2nd and 3rd gears and show them, they may or not fix yours. Mine didn't. I just used amsoil mtf and they pretty much went away, you can still feel 2nd a little though at times, but overall if and when it does get worse, my dealer is going to take care of it.

I think your engine is supposed to sound like that? It does for me in 1st and 2nd when I am in gear and slowing down. I am not 100% sure if that's how it was when I got it, but I have it now, lol.

My cars will sometimes sit days at end and when I do go start it, it may take an extra second. Around at 1k miles the ignition would make some pretty weird noises... but they stopped. Not too much info on this.

If you can feel the knock, it's your suspension man. Unless you put 87 octane in your type-s. :) Take it to the dealer, my dealer STILL needs to fix mine and they also blew me off too but I am just really lazy to bring it in.

I think that's about it...
You can also tell the dealer the other problems too and see if they could help you. My dealer (kearney mesa acura in san diego) are assholes. Just hope your dealer isn't. Even if they are though, you can just bring it to a Honda or another Acura dealer. Good luck man. :thumbsup:

Reactions: rsboi

·
I-VTEC, DO YOU?
2,191 Posts
Take it to the dealer for the noises, but you just have to live with the gear popouts, it's in 90% of everyone's RSX's.
i dont think u have to live with anything when i bought my rsx it has 3rd gear pop out and 2nd gear grind.. i replaced the tranny fluid with penzoil syncromesh been about 15k miles neither have returned..

·
Registered
113 Posts
What year is your car? How many miles? And our you still under warranty?

For the tranny I would have them fix it, there's a TSB on it. I had them perform the TSB and it stopped the 3rd gear from popping out but the 2nd gear still grinds. This is normal, I would also try some royal purple tranny fluid. I've heard that will improve the overall shift. I've read on the forums here that honda tranny fluid is garbage.

The the tak tak tak sounds is your, arrghhh, can't think of the word, it's like right on the tip of my tongue, i think it's something drive shaft boot, it's not an expensive fix. It's a few hundred to replace.

For the rest, yeah all our cars squeak and rattle to no end. You'll just have to live with i.

·
!!H!!
159 Posts
i got an 06 with 20k on it and I just noticed squeaking nioses from the engine or trans when the rpms are at about 5k its pissing me off dam hondas arent what they used to be... But what ever Ugrading to an STI in 10 months :)

·
CLUBRSX.com Supporter
3,684 Posts
I've been through nitrous, supercharged and now turbo, my tranny feels as good as the day I drove it off the lot, no grinds or pop outs whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts