Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I did a quick search and nothing came up... so if there is already a post about this somewhere then please let me know...

If I try and get out of my car while it is running (parked in neutral, not actually driving along...) then it seems like I am locked in and I can't open the door from the inside. This doesn't normally occur if I turn the car off before trying to exit the car, but it has happened once or twice when the car is off as well. It appears as if the door is unlocking normally because the little black post goes up when I hit the unlock button, and it sounds as if the door is unlocking, but when I pull on the interior door handle to exit the car then nothing happens and I can't open my door.
However, if I put my window down then I can open the door by using the handle on the outside of the car. Based on that my guess is that it's the interior handle causing the problem and not the power locks mechanism? It is occuring only in the drivers side door, my passengers have no trouble getting out of the car, lol. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never had the door off myself, but it's been a problem ever since I bought the car a few months ago and god only knows what the original owner could have done with it (I've already had to fix a few wiring problems caused by the previous owner).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'll wait for a day that it isn't snowing outside to tear apart my door, lol. This sounds like a warmer weather project in the absence of a garage. Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
324 Posts
had this problem, can you check the little sensor swtich thinger that turns the isndie light on and off. mine wasnt getting a good ground with the metal there and after i adjusted it, it works fine now... let me know how that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts