Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Nymph0
46,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have been waiting for what seems like forever since I got my AEM EMS to get a tune on E85. At last it happened! Last night my Evo got tuned at Road Race Engineering in LA. Big thanks to Scott Gray (sp) for doing an awesome job!

Anyway, here is my current mod list:

Mil.Spec ported OEM turbo manifold w/Swain White Lightening coating
Mil.Spec ported OEM 10.5 hotside w/Swain White Lightening coating
Cosworth 272 cams
Fidanza adjustable exhaust cam gear
SuperTech dual valve springs and titanium retainers
ARP head studs
AMS 3" TBE
Invidia 02 housing
AEM short ram intake
Nisei intercooler
Nisei lower and upper intercooler piping
AEM EMS
AMS fuel rail
PTE 1000cc injectors
Walbro 255

So last night the Evo was retuned by RRE (car was initially tuned by another company on 91) on 91 octane and then on E-85:

For the most part, it was making more power with the previous tune, but it was pushing 26 psi on 91 octane and there was significant amount of knock :noes: Scott commented after one pull that it would probably be best if they kept it at one pull (normally would do three pulls initially) because the motor might blow. So there were a few hours spent on the re-tune for 91, then it was on to the much anticipated E85!!! Scott spent a little over an hour on the E85 tune and you will find the results below:

As you can see on the graph, it was only tuned to 26 psi on E-85. As soon as Scott proceeded with tuning it to 28 psi (targeting 30 psi), the stock clutch failed hardcore just as it was making 430 tq! We have an Exedy twin disc HD sitting around and ready to be installed, but wanted to wait until after this tuning event. Our plan is to have this clutch installed within the next month or so, and then have the remaining tuning done to 30psi. It is not likely that the peak hp number will increase (stock turbo is beyond its efficiency), but peak torque should increase as well as the overall power between 4-6K.

Anyway, she's pullin pretty damn nice!!! Our future mod plans include: FP Red, Wilson v2 IM, Mil.Spec 65mm TB, BR built short block and head, Shep tranny and t-case. Thanks for looking!
_______

·
742whp/528ft.lb.tq @ 35#
3,982 Posts
This is gonna be a beast when you get your built block

nice numbers btw. it must be nice putting all that power to all 4 wheels

·
Registered
20,142 Posts
I can tell it's not a Honda... more WTP than WHP :rotfl: nice #'s :thumbsup:

·
I don't like you
18,158 Posts
biggar turbonator naoooooooooo andrea

·
Blown is Better
3,107 Posts
I've never been a fan of dual in-tank setups. Even OEM applications that run them are dodgy with E-85. I run a 255 in-tank with a 320 in-line and I'd rip it all out for a A-1000 setup if E-85 was available here.

Guess it beats welding a sump though.

·
I see what you did there
12,635 Posts
gimme ur car

1 - 20 of 30 Posts