Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

My daily Type R

Tags
daily type
1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  greenfourdoor 
#1 ·
Hello,clubep3 members!
Here is my daily CTR, year of build 2004.HID and AC came as standard.I purchased car with small issues: flushing Airbag and Engine signals on the board,A/C did not worked,idle problems...But all this did not worried my because I knew I can resolve all of this.
Airbag problem-solved.Cleaned all contacts:D
Engine-secondary O2 sensor-solved.
Bad throttle response-solved.Just cleaned from old s..t.
A/C-refilled with freon.Problem solved.
Maintenance continued-replaced fuel,oil,air filters,engine oil 5w-30,gearbox oil.Fuel system
cleaned,injectors were cleaned in ultrasonic bath and tested.all 370cc:laughing:

Decided to replace clutch.RPC stage 1kit + Exedy 8.9 lbs flywheel+honda original flywheel bolts and gearbox seals.

After purchased Japspeed SS exhaust manifold

My friend found used but in good condition Injen CAI. Sandblasted and powder coated in black

At the moment car makes 213BHP without ECU mods

After few track days and fast road trips decided to upgrade brake system: HEL brake lines+clutch line,EBC Yellow pads+MOTUL RBF

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks. I've already done a good amount of research. I have no interest in going without a cat or Frankensteining a RH + cat, for several reasons. So I've already got a Magnaflow cat and a Megan midpipe, with the stock axleback. However, in over 6 months on this forum, I see no real info on stock exhaust manifold vs shorty header. Most responses are like yours (ie, not helpful for someone in my situation) or say no impact or an estimate of 2-3 hp tops, which is all conjecture, and also not really helpful.

Which is what lead to my question, and why I'm patiently waiting for a response on point. Though my patience is not infinite. :)

#6 ·
Hello and thanks for warm welcomes.
Ragarding short header-before installation I measure power on Dyno. Also after installation.The power gain was 3HP and 9Nm of torque.I don not have any ECU modification.With AEM or Hondata for sure can be achive better results.For sure short header on NA engine is not the best option.It's why I got Boddy club race header:D

#7 ·
Shell we continue?
It was time to upgrade suspension.I found 22mm ARB from JDM version,get Eibach caster bolts.I prefer balance between comfort and stability it is why I decided to get Eibach pro lowering springs and Bilstein B6 struts all around.Coilovers on ours roads do not live to long.My friend's BC coilovers for EP3 survived 3 months!!! before things start to go wrong:mad:
And of course Budy club ball joints:fistbump:

#11 ·
It is time to refresh engine bay.The valve cover was soda blasted and powder coated in yellow.Also added Aarton Senna signature.The stock PRB inlet manifold sand blasted and powder coated in black.The fuel rail polished,throttle body,spool valve were opened,cleaned,all gaskets and 0-rings replaced with new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.