1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New plans! Just Ordered!
Nine.4
New ED e9.65i components
Going with a slightly different box setup for my little 9kv.2, and it isnt fiberglass but it is a little more stealthy :).

so far this is what ive got done:

any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, please keep the bashing to a minimum, this is my first audio build. Im using .5" mdf to maximize the space i can get in that area. I am happy so far with it. I will be covering both in black carpet to match. Also if anyone can help me out on wiring kits and what size wires ill need please because i have no clue. I was thinking like 4awg for the amp kit, but what size speaker wire should i use?

Also i just want to thank durt for sub box ideas and pics to get me started and caeavesRSX-S for the idea of the amp wall in the passenger tire well.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
Not bad....looks like it'll come out pretty good

Keep us updated :)

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5,293 Posts
looks like shit....jk

are you going to do any fiber-glassing or just staple some carpet to it?

·
popcorn playa
11,572 Posts

check it. this is a q logic box. there is actually a box underneat the plastic that is cut to fit around the wheel well. go on their website and see if there are any pics of that and model after it. or just purchase one of these retail is 279. i got mine on ebay for 82 :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like shit....jk

are you going to do any fiber-glassing or just staple some carpet to it?
As of now i think im just going to seal it up and use carpet. However if it comes out sounding like shit im going to fibreglass a new similar enclosure.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
It's looking good so far. I kinda wish I had my system like that, but it just take up the entire trunk. I just wish I could use my trunk... as a trunk. What are you going to use to keep them attached to the car so they don't come flying off during spirited driving?

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5,293 Posts
As of now i think im just going to seal it up and use carpet. However if it comes out sounding like shit im going to fibreglass a new similar enclosure.
Well if your woodwork isnt better than mine, it will sound like shit. lol

I see you used lots of caulk,:thumbsup: seal it up

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's looking good so far. I kinda wish I had my system like that, but it just take up the entire trunk. I just wish I could use my trunk... as a trunk. What are you going to use to keep them attached to the car so they don't come flying off during spirited driving?
I havent got that far yet, but i was thinking either like a hook or looop that would hold it in place or industrial strength velcro :dontknow: Ya i spent a while really dreaming up how i wanted my small little system to fit in there because i like to have the usability of the trunk especially with the seats down. Hopefully it turns out nice :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I ordered up my stuff...should be here within the next few weeks, so my finished install pics should be up very soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im out of town currently, but will be home tomm and all my stuff should be waiting for me!!! Hopefully i can get it finished early this week and snap some finished pics!!!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts

check it. this is a q logic box. there is actually a box underneat the plastic that is cut to fit around the wheel well. go on their website and see if there are any pics of that and model after it. or just purchase one of these retail is 279. i got mine on ebay for 82 :D
You son of a bitch I was watching that auction but forgot to bid lol

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finished up the wiring to the hatch, and my box. Im just waiting on finding the best carpet to match my hatch. Hopefully i can get it finished up on friday and bumping that night! ill get pics up then.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ ya i was on the fence about it, but i wanted to get it done quicker and didnt want to collect all the materials to fiberglass. I do think that when i have the time and im going to redo and use fiberglass so i can fill in the space a little better.

·
Firefighter/Paramedic
8,720 Posts
fyi, you don't need much to fiberglass, just the resin, some fiberglass matte, gloves, couple garbage bags (protection for your car) and some cheap paint brushes.

If you ever decided to tackle the project, let me know I can help you with anything you need, there are also a few good write-ups on this site.

Either way, good luck

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^ ya thanks i think if my box sounds like shit im going to definitely try a fiberglass setup. Ill let you know if do and have any questions Thanks!

·
Registered
601 Posts
in for updates

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking good so far man.

Did you decide on the 9kv.2s?
ya i got the 9kv2. I decided to go with somethin smaller and lighter but would still give me a little thump with techno and hip hop (originally was thinking 11kv2). Also i was able to make a smaller box because i picked it. Ill be finished tommorow with it hopefully. I just have to get it carpeted up and then wire up the sub :).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts