Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ABS plastic cwest replica had several 6"+ cracks. (dont ask how i got them)
The shop that installed the kit for me told me ABS was not fixable and my bumper was good as trash. But miztahsparklez told me to try MEK w/ ABS shavings or pipe glue. Since I'm the lazy type, I went and bought a premade product in a convenient squeeze tube.

So, I bought some Devcon Plastic Welder from a local dealer and began to glue my bumper together.

I tried to get as little glue on the paint as possible.
After holding for 3 minutes I masked it up and sat it for a few hours

Special thanks to Miztahsparklez for his help and advice.

Will update after a while to see if the glue holds.

·
moo moo
1,352 Posts
Doesn't look so bad. My front is cracked/cut about 4inches in the front, and I was told by 427 collision that it's not repairable. Feel like coming to do mine? :) jk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
waterloo was snowing harder but there was snow in toronto too.
hahah hope it holds on my way home to toronto tmr.

·
KOUKI DC5
6,700 Posts
it wont really hold for long, you would have to reinforce the area that you worked on IE on the backings of the cracks layer it with fiberglass maybe about 3 layers will do that way it wont crack again in the same areas

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok... so it cracked... hahah gonna try abs pipe glue nxt. I already picked up a new fibreglass one. looks better than the abs one, the edges are more crisp. but if i can fix this one, sand the cracks, a lil touch up paint then CWEST winter bumper FTW!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
pipe glue in the crack, fiberglass it on the backside. maybe a couple of good layers. pipe glue WILL take off paint and it sets very quickly. do not sniff it either. you will be higher than bob marley on the exodus tour.......... well at least wait until your done to smell it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts