Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Certified Increadible
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally got all my parts to the lip kit and side skirts ive been waiting on, yesterday i finally got the sides, so today i painted and cleared them, waiting over the weekend to do the final touches, but today i did the final touches on the front adn rear lip, the paint i used was ppg DBU basecoat, and MC260 clear, sprayed in a 70* garage with hvlp spray gun, today i did the wetsanding after giving the front and reat lips cure for 48 hours... i started with a 1000 grit wetsand, next to a 1500, and finally 2000, after that a nice rubbing compound and to finish it off a polish compund... here are my results, i am going to post the full car pics in the membershow off probably on sunday when everything is finished, but this is my progress so far....
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Props for the effort, but we can already tell it's not a good match and that it's very orange peely via the pics
unfortuante troof. AND the pics weren't even taken in good light... wait till pics in good light... it'll be even more obvious.

sorry man... the effort was there, seemed like you knew what you were doing... I'd blame the paint for not matching... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
What the hell does orange peel look like? I dont see any orange? :dontknow:
the texture looks like an orange peel... you can see some of this on colors of RSX that are not pearl (such as milano) some will argue that, if done right, the orange peel actually reflects the light better and makes the car look better... others will vote for a smooth clean look....

so picture an orange that is DSM :p

That's what your lookin for.

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
the texture looks like an orange peel... you can see some of this on colors of RSX that are not pearl (such as milano) some will argue that, if done right, the orange peel actually reflects the light better and makes the car look better... others will vote for a smooth clean look....

so picture an orange that is DSM :p

That's what your lookin for.
Ahh, I seen that, I thought it had to do with the color orange :rotfl:

I was gonna post about smoothing that out :dontknow:

:coffee:

·
Registered
200 Posts
ORANGE PEEL - (Poor Flow, Texture)
Paint film having an uneven texture that resembles the skin of an orange.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAUSE
-Under reduction and/or air pressure too low.
-Thinner/reducer evaporates too fast for spray conditions.
-Excessive film thickness or piling on of heavy wet coats.
-Improper spray gun set-up.
-Improper painting technique.

REPAIR
-Compound or polish to reduce surface texture.
-Or, sand smooth with 1200 or finer grit sandpaper, compound and polish to restore gloss.
-Or, sand smooth and refinish.

But hey...At least you gave it your best effort!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts