Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Si-> Type S-> R Type-> MR
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a ton of outside work to do so since I was going to have some down time in between I figured what the hell took off my valve cover and painted it. I had previously done this with my EBP 00 Si and liked how it turned out so after picking up the JDM spark plug cover I decided why not.

Start and stock = boring

Topless

A little aircraft paint stripper

Some Paint

More Paint

Some Clear

Installed

Reactions: PhantomApollyon

·
Epic
5,620 Posts
That looks real good man!

nice man, but is there a gasket to change when putting it back on?
Yeah, there's a little rubber seal that goes on the bottom of the valve cover. It's probably best to replace it when you pull it off. I didn't anticipate this when I did my swap so I just re-used it. I'm sure it's not that big of a deal, but I plan on fixing this later down the road, maybe when I put my airbox in.

·
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah, there's a little rubber seal that goes on the bottom of the valve cover. It's probably best to replace it when you pull it off. I didn't anticipate this when I did my swap so I just re-used it. I'm sure it's not that big of a deal, but I plan on fixing this later down the road, maybe when I put my airbox in.

Yeah mine was fine, not sure I might redo it or get it powder coated if so I will replace the gasket no doubt. Still have to do the dipstick (painted silver) and a new oil cap also find the spoon covers that are laying around somewhere.

·
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice. what kind of paint did you use?
I had a shop here mix some ABP off the paint code and put it in aresol cans (spray paint) along with a can of clear. It still smells like paint when the engine gets hot so I am sure it is still baking it dry 100% It looks nice but like I said above I will probably redo and powder coat it. Better finish and the cost is not over prohibitive.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

i talked to acura today and they reuse it and they dont put anymore honda bond. just lettin you know, so you should be good :thumbsup:

·
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was only going to swap it out if it did not go right back in place but it went in like a champ and no leakage.

·
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not as good as that avy

·
Super Moderator
23,892 Posts
Looks clean... now do the rest :) clean the engine bay ftw....

but I like it

·
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah tell me about it, just got a new job after being out of work for about 4 mnths. Still playing catch up so the car kind of got neglected.

·
Registered
13,538 Posts
nice man, but is there a gasket to change when putting it back on?

no reason to replace it.

1,493 Posts
I think I'm going to paint match my IM & valve cover as well, looks awesome.

·
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah engine bay needs a good clean, IM cover might not go back on aI am going to re route the wires for the injectors and swap out the fuel rail. So I doubt it will go back on it is already painted blue as well but it was a little much. Might redo it silver to match the plug cover

1 - 20 of 22 Posts