Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
2,707 Posts
not your Type said:
What's with this iVTEC dip shown in both dynos? These dyno graphs look different than what Hondata claims. Manufacturer clams are annoying. Intakes claim about 20hp, Hondata claims about 15hp and Exhausts claim about 10hp, yet you get all three of these (which are designed to work together) and you're lucky to dyno 20hp :eek:
He has an Injen CAI and I have a Comptech Icebox and other mods. Two intakes and other mods that Hondata didnt use to tune their ECU. But regardless of the fact, all dynos with hondata and intakes have that slight dip.

Who trusts manufacturers' dynos anways...I dont.

· Registered
567 Posts
This might sound stupid to you guys, but what gear do you dyno in?
I did it in 3rd gear and got 185 with CAI
and 4th gear got 191
I dont know about you guys but, i figure the shorter gear ratio is why im getting my best numbers in 4th. I know the my DC2-R got its best numbers in 3rd though.
ANybody know why?

· Washington Huskies
1,015 Posts
man these are the exact mods im getting in the next week or 2. i was hoping for 200whp. or close at least. i was thinking of adding a JR race header and h/flo cat, but dont know if maybe there is something cheaper than $700 to get from the hondata/injen/powergetter numbers to 200. any ideas?

· Registered
1,313 Posts
TypeRus said:
This might sound stupid to you guys, but what gear do you dyno in?
I did it in 3rd gear and got 185 with CAI
and 4th gear got 191
I dont know about you guys but, i figure the shorter gear ratio is why im getting my best numbers in 4th. I know the my DC2-R got its best numbers in 3rd though.
ANybody know why?
You dyno in whatever gear is closest to a 1:1 ratio. 4th gear is the gear to dyno in with the RSX. :thumbsup:

· Washington Huskies
1,015 Posts
thats funny, i hear from other people that 3rd is better. ive heard both but id really like to find out the truth to which gear is better to dyno in.

· Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Leechiro said:
thats funny, i hear from other people that 3rd is better. ive heard both but id really like to find out the truth to which gear is better to dyno in.
The Dyno guy did 3 runs in third and one in 4th, and i asked which would yield better gains. He said third gear is the gear of choice if your car doesn't put down 200 whp. But right after he said that (no cool down at all for 4th run) I got the best run of 187... :dontknow:

· Washington Huskies
1,015 Posts
kryzeofkrayzie said:
The Dyno guy did 3 runs in third and one in 4th, and i asked which would yield better gains. He said third gear is the gear of choice if your car doesn't put down 200 whp. But right after he said that (no cool down at all for 4th run) I got the best run of 187... :dontknow:
weird. who will clear the debate?

· yawn..
7,285 Posts
So that's without the header right?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.