Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

First off I got 214 WHP and 161 TQ with the stock greddy kit w/ stock e-manage maps. Then after deleting the stock map and starting from scratch I got 227 WHP and 168 TQ in much smoother curve with over 200 WHP from 3.5K RPMs to 8K RPMs.

I think I might be able to get around 15 more WHP at stock boost after touching the program a little more.

I tried to post the scan of the sheets but it is too big, anyone knows how to do it?

thanks

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
u should be pushing more than that. i'm at 240whp/189tq with cat on and a 2.25 in exhaust. try to crop the pixel size of the scan sheet so that it wil fit. i'm not really too sure how that works.

·
Registered
284 Posts
those seem like kind of low numbers. i know some rsxs in my area with the greddy kit are making like 270-280 with just an msd fuel pump added on. i know tucsonrsx is making some really good power.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
do you have an intercooler cause that will help too. i had 230whp 195wtq on stock maps then tuning with the profec e-01 i got 262whp 210wtq at 9psi. i know arcticblue is around 276 at 9psi, and tucsonrsx i think is around 290. i only have evo exhaust (small 2.25 piping) and arctic has a little more, tucson has a lot .. just some logical reasoning :thumbsup:

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
test pipe, test pipe, test pipe!!! get ride of that stock cat....you are only hurting the overall numbers by keeping that cat in place. And buy a scan tool so you can get rid of the annoying P0420 DTC(CEL) associated with running no cat. PLus if anything else pops up from time to time, you can see what it is and trouble shoot the code.

And get yourself a 70-80mm exhaust, either have it made with a good Turbo muffler(large diameter inlet, outlet and inner) like the Apexi N1 turbo 80mm in/out, or wait for the GReddy turbo 70mm titanium system we have all been talking about.

You all have seen me talking about this many times before in many posts. The combination will yeild much higher results from your Greddy kit, or any turbo kit.

Intercooler is a must, no need to discuss that. With these things, you can expect to see bigger numbers than not having them w/ the greddy kit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know wether the numbers are small or not, but I know that compared to the stock map at the same boost it is a great improvement. I think that I got one of those emanages with the messed up program. Anyways, thanks for the feedback, it will be taken into account. But just for the record I have an intercooler, I havent done any changes to the timing tables the are all zeros, I have a 3" custom exhaust w/ a 3" high flow cat, I have an OBD II scanner and I am expecting to get around 260 WHP and 210 TQ at 6 psi after I work on the timing tables.

The overall Hp with the stock emanage map was well under 200 HP with a spike of 214 when vtec kicked in, compared to after the tuning when I have over 225 WHP all over the RPM range and a spike of 227 when vtec kicked in.

Anyway I really apreciate the feedback. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts