Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine light is on....
but i have a intake
if i bring it to the dealer to check.....d i have to remove the intake? and intall back the stock box?

·
Registered
200 Posts
unhook the battery, put your key in the car, try and start it, take keys out, rehook up battery, start up car. That seemed to work for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow
thx man.....
but howcome the light is off after i unplug and replug the battery?
can u explain a bit?

·
Registered
529 Posts
When you unplug the battery, you basically erase the ECU's memory. I'm sure in a few days or few hours of driving your check engine light will come on again. If it doesn't, it's probably just an inconsistant thing and don't worry about it. But if it does, put your stock junk back on and take it to your dealer ;)

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
In all seriousness, check your gas cap. I know a guy who used to do dealer service for Nissan and he said sooo many of their check engine lights are from someone not doing the 3 clicks on the gas cap. Something about it needing to be on that way for pressure and if the pressure drops it triggers the light. I don't know how it works for sure but it would explain why the cap says tighten 3 clicks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my intake installed for like 2 weeks.....and np b4...
i will wait and c is the light on again.....

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
wait, how many miles u got?

are u sure it's a check engine light, or is it maint req'd light?

if it's maint req'd light, turn the key to I so the gauges don't turn on, hold the reset button (the one near the odo) and turn to II while holding, wait 5-10 secs and it should go away.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have 20289miles
the maint req'd light didnt on
just the engine light

and shit.... after i replug the battery, my cd player cant use
it require codes....
and the left window cant auto open and close

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
phew i just fix the window.....
but the cd player.... need 5 codes or sth?
how d i know what is the 5 codes?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Check and make sure the temperature sensor is plugged into your intake. If it is not plugged in or plugged in wrong..the CEL will come on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts