Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am basically looking for a new exhaust, cuase I am getting JR header and I know it will be too loud for me with my Magnaflow system. What do u guys think would be the best system (quiet wise) with a race header? I also just thought about throwing a STOCK type s exhaust on when I put on the race header. What do you guys think, I just dont wanna be EXTREMELY loud. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Look into the 5Zigen fireball or the Greddy SP2 system. (I believe thats what its called)
Both sound very similar to stock from what I've read on the board.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
are you putting a cat on your header?

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah test pipe! so I will have no cat! So i was either gonna go with a stock type s system or find sumthing other than magnaflow that wont be as loud with the addition of a race header.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
If you buy a race header and just put tour stock system on you are defeating the purpose of the race header.JUst get a full out race exhaust or make your own get a apexi turbo muff and just slap the silencer on.

·
TRD Taco
8,972 Posts
RSXtreme703 said:
Nah test pipe! so I will have no cat! So i was either gonna go with a stock type s system or find sumthing other than magnaflow that wont be as loud with the addition of a race header.
You and I are going to have to get our cars dynoed. We need a dyno day for Capital RSX. :)

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vanbells said:
You and I are going to have to get our cars dynoed. We need a dyno day for Capital RSX. :)
Haha, yea! Once I get this, I would def be interested in a dyno! Representn for the bases!!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
i'm going to attach mine to my DC TCS i will let you know how loud that is, maybe i can get a video clip!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If you get a race header, then you should buy the Borla. It's, by far, the quietest sounding exhaust. Combined with the race header, I would think it should all average out.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
beatred that is a niiceeeee sig pic.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
I'm waiting for my comptech race header... i have a comptech cat back... i'll get some audio clips

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
zach12985 said:
not a hks!! i set off car alarms everytime i go in a parking garage
Yea so do I, and I have magnaflow right now, so i figure once i get race header on, it will be extremely loud!!

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
i got my jackson race header and a type S exhaust. Haven't installed it yet..but the reason i'm using the stock TYpe S exhaust is because i don't want any reason for a cop to stop me. I've already been stopped 3 times cuz of my exhaust. If i get caught again and the cop checks that i don't have a cat..then it's a hefty fine to pay. I think it was a $1000..correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I heard somewhere that cali residents without a cat can get fines up to 2500 for no cat but im not too sure if that is right or not...

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
i jus kno it's expensive...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts