Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· <3 Convertibles
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

:p Again, this was my first time at the track with 100% humidity. There was DEW forming on my car! Launching at 4k.

Mods: 17's, Nitto 450NTs, SRI, Neuspeed Short Shifter, and Eibach Sportlines

I might have been the slowest car there, but I was the only one with HIDs :p

I got beat by: Dodge RT-10 Dakota, Ford Lightning, Ford Mustang Mach 1

I just got my wisdom teeth taken out so I have yet to install my torque damper. :laughing:

· 1320 warrior!
1,741 Posts
holly... next time try launching like you do on the street at a stop. Just slip the clutch at 1500-2000rpms and I can assure you'll hit a better time than that.
That's how I do it and look at my times, yeah I have a lot more mods but still only run about .1, .2 slower than other people here with the same mods.
Just think about it for a sec. you're spinning tires at the line for almost 1 sec. and if you take off slow you can hit the gas harder and not spin at all and still run a lot better time. Your 60's tells it all. After you learn on how to launch the car from 4-5k rpms you can say fcuk that to my techinque lol but for now use it.
Well this is just my .02c.

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Wow, 100% humidity.....So how hard was it raining?

· Registered
758 Posts
just keep practicing and only go to the track on dry, cool nights. you'll get faster.

at least this guy took his car to the track, and was humble enough to post some times that he knew where shitty. good for you man- it speaks for your character. :thumbsup:

· Registered
612 Posts
Just slip the clutch at 1500-2000rpms and I can assure you'll hit a better time than that.
Does this really help??? I need help with my launch especially since Im still on stockies

· Registered
575 Posts
808_Type S said:
Does this really help??? I need help with my launch especially since Im still on stockies
THat was the shittiest hint I've ever heard of.
Rev to the standing rev limiter of 5500RPM and slip the clutch out.
I hit a 1.992 60ft time on Falken Azenis with that technique.

· Registered
612 Posts
Rev to the standing rev limiter of 5500RPM and slip the clutch out.
Normally this is what I do but there are 2 things different with my car since I had the Toda kit installed.

1. Tires spin like crazy in 1st and 2nd when launching around 5k rpm

2. Now there are 2 vtec points the first of which is at around 3600rpm. This 1st vtec point there is a slight hesitation just before vtec so you can imagine launching at anything below 5k and having the revs drop to around 3.5k to 4k the engine hesistates for just a sec which is precious time when your talking about the 1/4 mile.

I'm gonna try to launch at 3k and see what happens

· <3 Convertibles
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I wanna go back when track conditions are better.
Baytown is so close to the ocean, and Houston is always so hot.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try different launch points

· Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
WOW, with that much humidity I wouldn't have bothered!

· Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
Asian Gang Lord said:
Oh, what gear should I be in when I finish the 1/4? It seems like 4th right?
It should be 4th, my stock 4th with hondata would hit 127. With the ITR FD my 4th goes to 116-117.

You were just loosing traction on your launch because of the mad moisture in the air. If you saw condensation on your car then it was def on the track too.

When it is nice and dry, try to launch higher. You can control the spin with the clutch. My times dropped when I started to launch at 5000-5200 rpm.

If you launch at 2000 it takes a hella long time to get to vtec, if you launch at 5000 at slip the clutch to control the spin you are right there at vtec. It's much better to stay in the meaty part of the powerband then to just let the engine build the power. You can engage the clutch a hell of a lot faster than your rpm can climb. It takes alot of feel, you just need practice and a dry track.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.