Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

my first time in the strip

Tags
strip time
1K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  Tolga-R 
#1 · (Edited)
few days ago i had the chance to test my car in the strip.
the word race has another definition for me now. the life there is another story.
tbh i feel now am so stuped when i was racing in the streets.

anyway , i did three runs :

1st run - 13.1 @ 179.9 kmh (111.8 mph) without NOS.
2nd run - 12.3 @ 180.86 kmh (112.3 mph) without NOS, with normal shifting and
hit the rev limiter twice.
3rd run - 12.7 @ 185.9 kmh (115.5 mph) with NOS, i did shitty launch and 4th gear miss.

i think i can hit flat 12 second with better shifting without NOS and high 11 with NOS. i will test the car again in 24/3 , and i hope to get better times.

here is the track vid.

enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAvoRmK5s2c

some pics from the strip

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice first time man....Bit more track time and youll get it.

#24 · (Edited)
am running team 15x7 35+ dynamics wheels fitted with 3mm spacer, along with 24.5/8.5/15 MH slicks.

if u r running brembos then u cant use them, those wheels just clear the stoke brake caliper.

#5 ·
wow! 12.3 with no NOS?! you're making just over 300whp right?
Either you're one of the best SC'ed drivers here or everyone else's numbers suck!
Get a 3.0 pulley and run 11's w/o NOS!

btw, are EP3's a lot lighter than RSX's?

#12 ·
i can't remember off hand but i think the weight difference is between 200-300lbs. so it's significant.

Reactions: sk
#26 ·
i bet u can , its all depent on your 60ft and how u launch.

#7 ·
Nice. What clutch are you running? Any other suspension mods?
Are you really just dumping the clutch at 7500 rpms?

Great times, hope to see you run 12.0!

#27 ·
im using stock friction disk with toda pressure plate, no suspension upgrade done.
not really dumping the clutch, just take off my feet on clutch, and ones the clutch is engaged and the car moved, i hold right here, not fully realeased, ones the car is moving i take off my feet. and yes i smell some clutch burning due to high friction , and i oredered CC stage4 and it on the way. :thumbsup:

#28 ·
many people dont think about what we have and what we do, like u did, coz we are small group, in small area in the world.
many people here hate 4 cyl imports. almost all people love v8 domestics.
and few people love turbocharged 6 cyl.

anyway, we have some sick cars over here, the latest 610whp sfwd CTR made 10.9 ET with me on it first entry, my friend just like me , he use his car for first time in strip, with good driver am sure it will hit 10.5 easly maybe lower.

ill post some vid for our cars soon one the latest vid is finished fo out new entry meighty 707whp h22a delsol :noes:.

#10 ·
86mph in the 1/8th is pretty strong.

This makes me anxious to get to the track again. Last time I went, it was only the 1/8th mile and ran a 8.48 @ 87mph on the street tires with similar power.

Your timeslip breakdown gives me hope for the low-12's goal I am shooting for when I return to a 1/4 mile track on slicks this time.

- Derek

#29 ·
just dump those street tires and get some slicks, i saw same cars like your with 260/250whp hitting high/mid 11's all NA, so what u think when u r SCed ?
put the 11 second a main goal for and u will do it :thumbsup:

#14 ·
Got me wondering, so I looked it up... In case anyone is interested... according to cars.com.

2006 Acura RSX Type-S = 2840lb curb weight
2005 Honda Civic Hatchback Si = 2782lb curb weight

Dunno how accurate it is tho :dontknow:
In any case, these are still awesome numbers

#16 ·
yea the 02-04s are a little lighter. also, he is in a CTR not an EP3 Si. the CTR weighs less. around 2600lbs

#18 ·
i can't state any exact numbers, and i know gvwr's are hardly ever accurate, they are published claims from the manufacturer that often times are based on pre-production models... but the weight difference is enough that in an issue of honda tuning i have (i'll look for it) the euro ep3 type r that comes with a k20a2 was faster than the dc5r in 0-60, the drag strip, and track having about 17 less hp... btw the 220 dc5r rating is pferdestarke not horsepower.

#19 ·
Bit supprised at that?

the DC5's we have here (mostly Jap import) are lighter than the EP3's - not by much, but enough to notice.

In BTCC (Touring cars) here Honda droped the EP3 and use the DC5 as it was a better car to start with... (admitidly aero had a lot to do with that)

#23 ·
holy fuck those are good times

#30 ·
and thank u guys for your comments :)

#34 ·
with EP3 manifold, its imposible.

you know you can multi quote right hadi? lol... anyway, have you weighed your car?
what do u think now ? :)

no i didnt weighed my car, i want to but i dont know were to go :dontknow:

#33 ·
you know you can multi quote right hadi? lol... anyway, have you weighed your car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.