Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Episode 3
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got a pair of ebay fog lights. took me some time to wire everything up, but i got it done. anyway when i finally got everything plugged in and ready to go, i turn on the car and hit the lights. when i look at the fog light switch i see the light come on which hinted me that it worked, but when i checked the front to see the lights, nothing came on :confused: so i go back and look at the wiring near the steering wheel and see everythings right, but i see that the light for the fog light switch doesnt come on. i think what happened was that it worked briefly but then something blew somewhere immediately after a current ran through it. i checked the fuse and it wasnt blown, but i bought new ones anyway (since ebay quality is kinda cheap :rolleyes:), so i know the fuse isnt the problem. and i KNOW that everything is tight and plugged in because i always triple check everything. help pl0x! :mad::mad:

oh and sorry for the essay^

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
How do you know the lights them selves work?.....I would start at the beginning. I would get some extra wire and check the the lights them selves,do they work? If they work, I would check the switch by wireing across it(yes switchs can go bad)....How do you have them grounded? If the ground is no good, they will not work ether.

·
Episode 3
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i figured out what was wrong - the switch :( i shoulda known something would have given with ebay quality. so now the question is, where can i get a new switch, without having to buy the whole damn kit all over again

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
You have a couple of choices....take some mesurmens and go to a junkyard and find something.....or go to a dealer and tell them you have a honda fog kit and you need a new switch.

·
Modelrator
11,650,298 Posts
well, i figured out what was wrong - the switch :( i shoulda known something would have given with ebay quality. so now the question is, where can i get a new switch, without having to buy the whole damn kit all over again
Acura OEM fog light Switch PN: 08V31-S6M-01035

·
Episode 3
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have a couple of choices....take some mesurmens and go to a junkyard and find something.....or go to a dealer and tell them you have a honda fog kit and you need a new switch.
i'll probably do the second part

thanks a bunch guys

·
Modelrator
11,650,298 Posts
dealer won't sell just the switch, i've tried. your best bet is to go to the acura dealership with the pn# provided from my previous post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts