Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was pretty fast to begin with, he running a 65 shot on zex. Now all he needs is some good tires...he spins all through first and second. I have a vid of him beating my other friends 350z, the z took off on him in 1st gear and the type S caught up in 2nd, and pulled really hard in third. it was pretty tight. its on my other friends digital camara, so i'll try to post it tomorrow.

Peace

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Randeezle said:
Squeeze in 1st = Not a good idea
no neccesarily true.

n2o adds torque. gobs of it. where do you use torque. (down low).

the only reason it's said not to squeeze in first is wheelspin, and clutch "fry-age".

it shouldn't be too hard, once you master fwd launching on a track. thats something i gave up on long ago :D

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
then you're not feathering enough.

hense the consequence of "Fried clutch". thr trick is to apply a big more power than the wheels can hold, but feather or slip the clutch so that you never spin.

again, byebye clutch.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
heh, also, i was owned by 2.5 60' times, yet i still trapped 102+ at 14.5. case and point, doesn't matter what you have on your car, if you aren't launching like a freaking champion, it's gonna suck.

·
zoom..........zoom...zoom
5,050 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
no neccesarily true.

n2o adds torque. gobs of it. where do you use torque. (down low).

the only reason it's said not to squeeze in first is wheelspin, and clutch "fry-age".

it shouldn't be too hard, once you master fwd launching on a track. thats something i gave up on long ago :D
looking at ur track times i dont think youve mastered it :laughing: :D :wavey:

·
zoom..........zoom...zoom
5,050 Posts
WHat are you trying to say??? That i cant read good? :laughing:

WarmPepsi said:
looking at your reading skills, it looks like you never mastered that either.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
firedc5 said:
WHat are you trying to say??? That i cant read good? :laughing:
precisely.

and ren, yeah, i understand what ya mean..... after 1/4'ing a few times and then goin to a road course, 1/4 sucks.

road course owned me. i love it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently got my zex kit and dyno my car at R&D dyno it dyno at 231hp and 178lbs. I will try to post my chart. The 350z did not have nothing on me if it wasn't for the traction problem.

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
Nothing better than squeezing on a hot bottle.

I did it last night and damn it yanks hard... you just GO. I actually lost traction in 2nd gear squeezing from about 4500rpms.

Yesterday when I got my bottle filled I had the guy spray the bottle with cO2. He went hog wild on it and sprayed it for a good solid 5 minutes. The spray came out the same way a fire extinguisher would (just to paint a picture).

Anyways after he filled it up, the bottle felt alot heavier than it usually does when I dont get all the compressed air out and have the bottle chilled.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RSXRACERZEX said:
I recently got my zex kit and dyno my car at R&D dyno it dyno at 231hp and 178lbs. I will try to post my chart. The 350z did not have nothing on me if it wasn't for the traction problem.
What up edgar, i back him on those numbers, he showed me the dyno chart yesterday, now you got some decent tires. race the z again at irwindale next thursday on Feb. 5th. too bad you couldn't make it today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i should have that vid up by tomorrow, my friend with the Z doesnt want to give it to me...lol, i wonder why?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds good.....I have no control with the zex system it has the TPS unit(throttle positioning sensor) and it activates at full throttle. I like it it pulls hard what times have you ran or dyno at.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts