Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well its been a little over a week since I got the car...

I managed to take some more night shots of the car the other night and then I went up to visit my gf for the weekend in NE PA and the car got all dirty so I decided to wash it this afternoon and then I went to take some more pics over at the new spot me and a couple of my boys found.

Here are the new pics. Let me know what you guys think.

These are the first shots I have ever edited in RAW format using CS2 and I tried vignetting for the first time on a couple of the shots and played around with a few other adjustments I had never used before.

And just for ****s and giggles here is a PS that my boy Tek did of the Si slammed.

Like I said let me know what you guys think, any suggestions welcome.

Firts pic post of the Si here on CRSX

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the last pic posted, that's got to be the cleanest Si I've seen yet. Looks soooo much better lowered.
Haha, It's not lowered yet that was just a PS my boy did for me. I am still putting some thought into that. The car doesn't even have a 1,000 miles on it yet so I don't know how quickly I want to throw a set of coilovers on it and void the warranty. I can tell you the car will probably never be as low as the PS.

I loved how my teg handled but I hated the rough bumpy ride, and right now the Si handles better than the teg ever did and eats pot holes and bumps that were painful in the teg so I don't know how eager I am to change that.

I can order the HFP suspension which is made for the car by Honda and would lower the car about an inch to an inch and half and be very affordable and not void my warranty.

or

I could save up about twice as much money (if not more) than the HFP suspension would cost me and buy a set of Buddy Club N+ coilovers, Tein SS's, or Form and Function Type II's. And then I would have a fully adjustable coilover but void my warranty.

I don't know, I still have to put some more thought into it we'll see.

Thanks a gain for the comments guys, keep'm comin

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're looking for a big drop, don't get the hfp suspension. It'll only drop it a little less than an inch.
Yeah I know the HFP drop is only about an inch.

Ideally I would just like to have the fenders sit level with the tire and I know the HFP drop will be a little higher than that but the main appeal behind the HFP at this point is that it doesn't void my warranty on my brand new car and it is about half the price of a quality coilover setup.

Not to mention the HFP setup although stiffer than the stock Si springs and struts it is a much softer/more comfortable ride than an after market coilover typically (obviously depending on the specific setup and spring rates).

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i say get the HFP drop...like u said it will not void the warrenty...and then when the warrenty runs up, u change it...cause for all u know u will love the small suttle drop for the SI if u love the way it handles and takes pot holes
Yeah I am in the midst of selling a bunch of parts from my GSR and then I will probably be ordering the HFP suspension and not voiding my warranty until its up or soon to be up.

I know most people will end up saying go lower, but the car is DD and practical as of now and I would like to keep it that way for a little while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts