Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going to the gym today and i went to open my hatch to get my running shoes out and it wouldnt budge i unlocked it with the remote like 3 times and i could hear it unlocking and than i tried with the switch in the door and mother fucker still wouldnt open anyone else have this probleM?

·
This is Star Wars
111 Posts
I do not have an RSX, but my Ep3 had the same problem a few months back. My hatch would not budge, so I just took it to the dealer for warranty work. Do not mess with it, in case they say you caused it. Just make sure they do not scrap up your rear bump while fixing it. Jack ass mo fuckers at Joyce Honda scratched the shit outta mine. Easy fix bro for the competent dealer.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
I've never really looked at it, but there is supposedly a little pop off piece on the interior of the hatch to get at the actual locking mechanism in case the power lock fails.

Perhaps crawl in from inside and see what you can figure out.

I know you said you can hear it trying to unlock, but maybe something came off.

·
:)
15,563 Posts
happened on mine, spray silicone lube in upper lock and rub vasoline on upper and lower parts. Been fine for 9 months! It comes from factory with v lube already

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.