Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I am not a senior member.
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like the title states my horn started acting crazy today and going off on its own, at first i thought someone was honking at me then i realized nobody was near me. So it went on randomly for a good 5 seconds, then when i actually pressed the horn lightly it wouldnt go off for about the same amount of time. The weirdest time was when i was at home and parked my car, it went on on its own and i wasnt even in the car. Anybody have any idea what this could be.

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
Some body call the gost busters, Check the conection on your horn button.

·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were u recently in an accident?
No accident, about 2 weeks I got a new sound system installed with new speakers and amps, I dunno maybe the installer did something, but im not sure why it would start today.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can relate with this. Last year I was backing out of my driveway and the entire time I was going backwards my horn was going off. It only happened 2 or 3 times I think, and not once since that week. I still have no clue why it happened. However, I do think it was very funny. I woke my family up at about 6:30am lol.

·
Skeet Skeet...
2,394 Posts
this happend to me once or twice and neva again...

It was strange really...

It went off, then stoped then a long tone then kept beebing, then it stoped...
I was in my house...

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
that happened to a POS Grand Prix I had a few years back. driving down the street & all of a sudden BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP !!

I was like WTF ! I had to pull over & pull my fuse b4 I got shot (Horn beeping is not taken kindly in Miami)

·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just curious.... is the horn still going off? :laughing:
The horn didnt go off last night but it was just sitting in my garage, Im about to go to work today and see if it goes off, hopefully not and it was just a crazy one time thing, if it goes off then im going to the dealer, i bought the car new last october so hopefully nothings wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I seen a similiar thing happen on my parents 91 cutlass supreme a long time ago. Freaking 2am and the horn blares off wakes me up, I go outside and nobobdy messed with the car. We pulled the fuse to 'fix' the problem.

·
NYC Is In My Veins...
1,690 Posts
happened to me in my 01 sunfire. i endned up punching my horn button and it stopped. lol. happens once and awhile but i just punch it again

1 - 20 of 29 Posts