Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**New Pics PG.4**

Hello - This is my JDM DC5, I am from the UK.

I picked the car up from my local importers in December 2007.

The car is a December 2002 non-C pack (I love the wiper-less look :lol: ) with 22,000 miles.

The car came over from Japan with some tasty aftermarket parts;

- 17" Work Emotion alloys (8" wide fronts and 7" wide rears).

- Bilstein coilovers

- RIGID front upper strut brace

- Mr. Alex engine mount set

- Cusco 1.5 LSD

- Endless front and rear brake pads

And a few other little bits, but no stereo as of yet (has a blocking plate).

Reactions: SiLkk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

- In January I visited TGM and had Eibach/SPC front and rear camber adjusters fitted and a fast road set up, along with an oil change - Great service from Tom and the team as always.

- At the end of January I had my 25,000 mile service, carried out by Rowes Honda, Plymouh, who iI have had good service from over the last 4 years. This also included a gearbox oil change (Amsoil MTF used on the advice of Opie Oils).

- I carried out the Hondata airbox mod, retaining the OE filter.

- I picked up an ARC Titanium gear and fitted;

- I had a set of 4 new tyres, Bridgestone Potenza RE040 215/45/17. There is a slight stretch on the 8" wheel, but not too much. I have used these tyres before, and I am bery happy with them.

- In February I paid a visit to Powerstation, and had my old Bilstein coilovers removed, and a set of AST coilovers supplied, fitted and set up (pic courtesy of G as I did not get any of mine);

These feature 12 clicks of damping adjustment, as well as ride height. The front ones are inverted, so adjustment to damping is made from below the car.

Reasons I changed for the AST's, was that I wanted a set up that was more suited to the road, especially the roads around South West Devon where I live. The Bilsteins were good, but much more of a track set up, with very high spring rates. Having driven on the AST's for a couple of weeks now, I am very pleased.

Car is very complient over the bumps and varying surfaces, and 'skips' a lot less than the old Bilstein set up. The set up that Powerstation gave me is exactly what I wanted.

- In February I picked up a cat back exhaust system from a local DC5 owner. Its a 5zigen Border mild steel system, with a stainless back box. I gave it a clean up and fresh coat of VHT paint. This should hopefully be fitted this week coming. I imagine it will be fairly loud, judging by the straight through design and small backbox.

- I received a Carbing rear upper strut brace ordered from Bazza at VTEC Direct, awesome service and highly recommended;

- I set about stripping the rear of the car out. I was pleased at how simple it was, all came out much easier than on my old DC2. Just the basics for now, as I don't fancy removing all the interior plastics, roof lining and carpet just yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
- Received some drivers and passengers Spoon lowered seat rails today, s/h from another forum member, so fitted them this evening;

Passenger Side Only Fitted;

Both Sides Fitted;

These rails lower the seat by approx. 5cm - Unfortunately its hard to tell this from the pictures, but is very evident once you are sitting in them. Only went for a quick blast up to the end of my lane and back, but the position and feeling is good, especially the gear change. Just gotta get used to the less visibility of the car when parking etc... and the fact people will think a munchkin is driving LOL!

- I have received a drivers and passengers FIA approved 4 point harness, which will be fitted this weekend :thumbsup:

Hopefully that will be it on the mods front for a while, but as we all know, there is always something else we want for our cars ;):D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what's it like driving on the wrong side?
As I am from the UK, all cars are RHD so JDM imports are fine. Only difference from UK cars is the stalk controls are opposite way round.

Cheers for the kind comments so far. Checking out this forum, I can see it is a great resource for info :thumbsup: Some of the members cars are stunning :giggity:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wait wtf.... type r has no stock sound proofing? lucky
No sound proofing found yet - Even my old DC2 ITR had some sound proofing in the rear. Its pretty loud in the cabin with the exhaust and engine mounts :D

1 - 20 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.