Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
26,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my JDM from a body shop after my accident. Its been fogging up bad. Then i read one of the links in this board and saw these.............

http://www.soulracing.com/

Now, any way to tell if my JDM are real or not?? Are there any chance of REAL JDM fogging up?? Or just an installation problem??

THanks.

·
Mugen whore
1,592 Posts
Probably the guy that installed didn't put the rubber grommets on tight enough! I installed mine, haven't had any fogging :dontknow:

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
hey vince..i have the same problem too man. someone told me that theres a possible chance we couldve been given the HID version housing which has a small hole which allows air to come in. thats what i was told but it could be that rubber thing too! :(

edit: my headlamps came from the exact place you got them too! so maybe they accidentily carry only the HID ones and dont even know :dontknow:

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Also to tell the difference between the JDM style headlights you posted from the link is to see if there are any ridges in your headlight or if its smooth. The honda ones have ridges, I believe the JDM style are all smooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
And JDMs have a bronze tinge. I saw a pic a while back with DIYs and real JDMs side by side on the same RSX, and you can definitely tell a difference.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
They are not the HID housings. The HID housings look totally different and have a massive hole for the ballast at the bottom. If you had them, you'd know, and you wouldn't be able to fit H4 bulbs and connect them.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
ClA said:
Thanks guys. So I guess its not HID then. Rubber problem. Now, do i push it in or turn it or what?
WHen the headlight is dry, get some grease and goop the shit out of the back of the headlight, so that the rubber is tightly sealed around the plastic.

·
Banned
26,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've just called my body shop, they said a lot of after market products are defective because it's not seal properly. I told them its JDM and they said same thing.

Now, anyone else heard about defective JDMs or are they just BSing me because they fucked up on installation?

·
cold chillin
8,065 Posts
ive read stories of other people having their jdms fogging also. looks like your out of luck :(

try that rubber thing, or maybe bring it to jays to get it resealed? i dunno. good luck man!

·
Banned
26,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got it through the body shop, so they are going to fix it for me if there is a problem......hopefully i don't have to reseal it.

So Francis, you fix the rubber thing and it worked right? Do you have to push it in all the way? Because from the looks of it there is no way water could've gotten in......

·
Registered
237 Posts
you got ripped off!!..hehe just kiddin' i read a thread were to som member it foged up the dy it rained and turned out to be defective..

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
ClA, when you turn on your lights look at the beam pattern... If it goes like this: \____ they're JDM, if it goes like this: ___/ then they are DIY USDM.

·
Banned
26,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am pretty sure it's not DIY because i've seen people's work, the color and paint from JDM can not be done using normal paint. I've seen JDM from meets, so i know how it looks like.

It doesn't fog up when it gets wet, it fogs up during cold nights, so i am guessing its the temputure that affects it. Maybe water that is already trap inside during installation.

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
mine fog up too, and they are jdm. dont worry about it. if it really bothers u, try to re seal the rubber things

1 - 20 of 29 Posts