Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installation will start sat night and be done by sun, I will not be able to drive it until wends though because thats when my ECU gets back from Hondata. You all can expect a full write up, a dynorun and pictures by the 29th of this month!!! Wish me luck!!

Attachments

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
GIMME GIMME GIMME! :):):)

Very Nice...keep us posted!

Eric

· [email protected] stock tires I/E
483 Posts
you lucky [email protected]$#. thats nice man looks like you'll have to take some of the bottom plastic parts off in the front of the car to get the bolts on the bottom of the intake.

· [email protected] stock tires I/E
483 Posts
the intake manifold I meant to say. I wonder if it screams as loud as the s/c in my friends lightning.

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope it is not too loud......I want it to be a sleeper. I guess I will find out in a couple days.

5,022 Posts
scottatyamaha said:
I hope it is not too loud......I want it to be a sleeper. I guess I will find out in a couple days.
It will be a sleeper until you WOT it and then everyone is going to hear it scream! It is not loud but PRONOUNCED! The installation instructions can be downloaded from JR's website! Happy boosting!!!

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess that will be cool as long as it is not too loud for every day drving. So wdsonney how is your SC doing....did you finally get the race upgrade? How are you liking it?

usedtodriveatahoe I am installing it myself.

5,022 Posts
One more thing Scott! When you put the passenger side engine mount back in make sure you put the flat side up! That was one of the problems the shop that did my install messed up on! Be sure you do the belt tightening sequence or you will throw a belt! Almost 1500 miles on my belt and all is good! Make sure you follow the directions and take your time! Do not rush the install or you will mess up! Remove the tabs on the headlamp and install ES MM inserts! Those will save you!

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the tips......I heard about the headlight tabs. Ohhh and I already have the motor mounts inserts. How is traction? Any problems.....

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pauly1 said:
Looks good:thumbsup: What exhaust setup are you going to be running?

DC-Sports shorty header to a car-sound high-flow cat then on too a greddy exhaust.

5,022 Posts
How big is your exhaust? 2.25inch will be too small! 2.5-3inch will be better! Traction on stock rubbers is a big problem! You can drop the clutch at 3500RPM's and smoke the tires all the way to 8500RPM! With your header and hiflow cat you will see about 265-270WHP! The inserts are a must due to the travel of the engine under boost! I recommend them to anyone! Everyday driving is cool, most of the time the SC is not engaged. But when you get on it! Hang on!

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
V8 Killaz said:
Hey scott were did you buy and how much??? By the way it looks nice...
Bought it from www.planetperformance.com and then I got the race upgrade from here at clubrsx as a total I spent $3650 and that included overnight shipping of my ECU. I got that price also because I got a discount because I am already a Hondata customer.

wdsonny.....I can not wait!! I beleive the piping is 2.25 but if you think that is too small I will get a custom 2.5 or maybe 3 in. I will have to see.

· Registered
282 Posts
I don't have the supercharger but I can tell you from all the R&D i have done that you will be loosing a ton of power with a 2.25 "exhaust. Teh get the full potential out of that supercharger please invest in the comptech race header and a good cat back. AT LEAST 2.5 inches, I personally think that a custom 2.75 "pipe would be best and a muffler that has a straight through design of 2.75" , have to warn you finding that size muffler is going to be difficult, you might have to settle for a 3". I say 2.75 becaue as you pointed out earlier, under normal driving conditions the supercharger is not engaged and a 3"exhasut will destroy your low end. First things for though, i know you have a high flow cat, but the Comptech race header is a must, Go ask Doug from Hondata , i'm sure he will tell you the same thing.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.