Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went to the track again trying to get into the 13's but my launching is still horrible. Any advise you guys can give me? With just an intake and stock tires I was running 2.3 60 foots but now im stuck in the 2.4's and its hurting my quarter time. This was yesterday.

Reaction. .010
60 ft...... 2.449
330 ft..... 6.514
1/8 ET.... 9.624
1/8 MPH.. 80.76
1000 ET.. 12.218
1/4 ET.... 14.420
1/4 MPH.. 103.71

I just got 225/50/16's Yokohama AS430's with Traction AA Temperature A. I've been trying to slip the clutch at 4,000 rpm but I think im dropping it too fast because it just spins. Also, when do you guys activate your nitrous? After I grip at like 5,000 rpm and hit the nitrous it just spins more and then I shift to 2nd and I spin again for a little. I am lacking a bottle heater also so my nitrous pressure is only at 850 or so. Anyone have advise on launching?

·
Registered
72 Posts
you're not supposed to hit nitrous in first cause you won't catch traction...i think even with a progressive controller you'd have problems with spraying in first...spray in second, 3k rpm and up is my motto...but even that all depends on your shot and car...knew a guy who couldn't catch traction spraying an 80 shot in third on a s2k without his controller so...

learn to feather it out at lower rpms and then work your way up, practice makes perfect is all i can tell you

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
yeah, save the n2o, and just make passes until you're 2.2 or lower. thats the same thing that killed me, but i never went back enough times to get it right.

in a fwd car, if you're spinnin at all, you're losin time.

·
WOT shift foh lyfe!
262 Posts
i dropped the clutch from about 3500rpms, but it didnt work that well. i'd just bog out. anywhere over, i'd start spinning my tires. i gotta learn to feather the clutch. my best 60' time was a 2.404, first time at the track, my average was a 2.6-2.8. but unlike you, i dont have nitrous, so i ran a [email protected]

·
THE Elitist Douchebag
7,784 Posts
i feather out the clutch at about 4000 rpms everytime i launch, i get nice clean minimal wheel hop launches if controlled properly. On slicks and an upgraded tranny i'd launch with the gas floored.

dont squeeze until 3rd gear

·
Registered
57 Posts
jdm.rsx.s said:
idont squeeze until 3rd gear
I would start spraying in 2nd. I'm running a 75 shot and when i sprayed in first i got no traction what-so-ever. Just launch your car in first gear, and as you switch gears (1st - 2nd) start spraying in 2nd, you'll get all the traction you need trust me i do it all the time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
what im going to do is...

first of all, invest in some DR's and another pair of light wieght rims if you plan to spray in 1st...depending on what nitrous kit you have (i have an NX kit) so i'm going to buy the Maximizer witch is a tps switch, window switch and gear selector all in one, along with other safety items...that way, you have the choice of what gear you want to spray in. i.e. leaving out 1st gear

·
Billy Badass
94 Posts
rSaTvEeVrE said:
slip the clutch at 4000? better start saving up for a new clutch
un true if you do it right...i launched all the time in the rsx from 5500 at the track like every time...and i made probably 50+runs, badog on the sight has gone like twice as much as me and he launches the same way, with the type r i launch at 6-7 grand every time and less for the nitrous which i spray in 1st gear and get traction, rip second hard and run a 13.9 this is on completly stock tires.

·
Registered
423 Posts
TheSnake said:
un true if you do it right...i launched all the time in the rsx from 5500 at the track like every time...and i made probably 50+runs, badog on the sight has gone like twice as much as me and he launches the same way, with the type r i launch at 6-7 grand every time and less for the nitrous which i spray in 1st gear and get traction, rip second hard and run a 13.9 this is on completly stock tires.
NOS :flush:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.