Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:srsly: PISSES ME OFF.
the hid kit for low beams are 6000k. the leds for parking lights are also said to be 6000k. but this shit doesnt match. the leds are blue err. i was thinking to get 8000k hids to match the leds. would be like 40bucks for replacement bulbs(8000k)
what do i do. even if i were to replace the hid bulbs what if then it still doesnt match?

:vomit:

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
different company. Different parts. Comparing a single LED vs a headlight bulb is tough

My friend Silkk bought like 6 different sets of bulbs before finding fog lights to match his HIDs

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought both from the same website but i hear what youre saying. i already emailed the people on if they thing the 8000k would match.
i mean it looks alright it just bothers me personally that theyr a bit different.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
you're in Kansas huh?

come check out our chat thread. :eek:

anyways, part of life. things like this normally has to happen or else life is too good to be true.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you're in Kansas huh?

come check out our chat thread. :eek:

anyways, part of life. things like this normally has to happen or else life is too good to be true.
yeah wichita. im waiting till the company emails me back. idk what im gonna do with the bulbs i have now if i order 8000ks. damn this shit sucks

and link me to the chat thread ill have a peek:coffee:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ijdmtoy.com
their products are decent and alright priced, but idk i think im just not having the greatest luck

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
sorry, i was meaning brand. :eek:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the leds are some azn brand and the hids are optical...something lol

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
ouch, sorry to say it, but you get what you pay for. :lolza:

lets hope for the best and you get your shit straightened out.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i mean, dont get me wrong, the leds are nice and bright, and the hid is bright as hell also. its really blinding i feel bad sometimes for people. but the only issue is the color difference. i neeed it fixed asap. and im saving for wheels but this shit keeps ruining my wheel fund :(

oh and......west.:fyea:

yourself?:ca:

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
:shady: west also. the only VBP in Wichita, can't miss me. we'll carry this convo in the Kansas chat. :inout2:

lets hope you adjusted the lights so it doesn't scatter around like pieces of poo. wouldn't like driving close to things that blind me. :fuu:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it also takes 100 hrs or so of use for HIDs to reach their true color/bulb temp
good to know. but i still dont think theyr gonna reach the color of the led. still waiting on email from the site..

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i had a prob like this so i changed the ballast and it work
changed the ballast? how would the power source change anything..:rtard:

i got a hold of the company. 8000k HIDs are on the way. ill add a pic of how they look when i put it on. if you guys want.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
8000k?

:fuu: you were better off with 6000k. well at least now if i ever see you, i'll know its really you cause of the ricey lights. :mam:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well the 6000k didnt match :( it wont be that bad...
leave me alone :crying:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
8k isnt bad..but like i said man you gotta let them break in..theyre not gonna be the rated color temp for a bit..6ks usually look lik 5k until they break in..so you might wanna wait before you go back and forth getting a million different ballast/bulb combos

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
8k isnt bad..but like i said man you gotta let them break in..theyre not gonna be the rated color temp for a bit..6ks usually look lik 5k until they break in..so you might wanna wait before you go back and forth getting a million different ballast/bulb combos
yeah i hear ya now. hopefully the 8k works out and breaks in eventually to look even better. but i switched them out quick cause i was worried and the exchange time is 30 days so i went ahead and did it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts