Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Don't have any new pics, but the exterior still looks the same.

Painted IM and valve cover, wrinkle black and anodized red

Engine Bay

Hatch shot...Most fun from a bottle ever :)

And the dyno

blue - baseline
green - 50shot
red - 75shot

Max HP - 191.24
Max TQ - 171.31

So close to 200whp

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
hmm interesting

i also have a base auto

about nitrous:

how exactly does it work? is it on all the time? or can you control it?

how often do you have to change the bottle, and how much does that cost?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, yea all mods in the sig.

hmm interesting

i also have a base auto

about nitrous:

how exactly does it work? is it on all the time? or can you control it?

how often do you have to change the bottle, and how much does that cost?
Nope not on all the time. My setup works that you have to have the bottle open, the toggle switch on, the WOT switch on, and the theres a window switch so my car only sprays above 3800rpm and turns it off at 6300rpm. Refilling the bottle depends on how much you spray and what size shot you're running. Using say a 50shot, you can probably get maybe 20 1/4mile passes from a 10lb bottle. Here in florida, i get charged 2.99/lb. So $30 for my 10lb bottle.

·
DC5
1,338 Posts
Thanks guys, yea all mods in the sig.

Nope not on all the time. My setup works that you have to have the bottle open, the toggle switch on, the WOT switch on, and the theres a window switch so my car only sprays above 3800rpm and turns it off at 6300rpm. Refilling the bottle depends on how much you spray and what size shot you're running. Using say a 50shot, you can probably get maybe 20 1/4mile passes from a 10lb bottle. Here in florida, i get charged 2.99/lb. So $30 for my 10lb bottle.

damn your lucky, when i had nitrous on my base auto, it would cost me at least 50 to fill up a 10lb bottle in jersey. i loved it thought, the car felt completely different.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone

nice man
base powah
thanks, been following your car as well, its looking great.

damn your lucky, when i had nitrous on my base auto, it would cost me at least 50 to fill up a 10lb bottle in jersey. i loved it thought, the car felt completely different.
Yea i was expecting to pay something like that, and was happy to find out the place i go to only charges 3/lb, plus the 13th fill up is free.

Do you guys think if i change our my shorty/testpipe for a RH i'll see more gains on my baseline, maybe to like 135? I'm gonna get a smaller size jet for the 75shot to lean the fuel out a bit since its running very rich, in the 10s. I think if I do that it should be very close to my goal of 200whp.

·
Premium Member
430,557 Posts
kool man that is awesome, base auto is the best hahahaa

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 33 Posts