Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyhow I rarely post at all, mainly just lurk. Ive had a string of shitty bikes and finally a few weeks ago got a nice one.

Everything youve ever heard about it is true. I was trying to think about some kind of thing i didn't like about it but couldnt come up with anything, maybe the fact thats theres no storage, but uhhh, yeah who cares.

meet my new lover:

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
<--relatively new @ bikes still

:eek:
Me too. I just read about them alot. I think the only american manufactueres are Buell and Harley Davidson. and even then, I think Buell is made by a guy who used to work for HD, and they even use HD engines in some of their bikes I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, Grats on the bike. It's sexy as fuck.

·
thats what she said.
14,915 Posts
Me too. I just read about them alot. I think the only american manufactueres are Buell and Harley Davidson. and even then, I think Buell is made by a guy who used to work for HD, and they even use HD engines in some of their bikes I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, Grats on the bike. It's sexy as fuck.
troofus about erik buell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Buell

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
omfg...no way.......i wish i was experienced enough to ride that bike... carefull...lol they have a 50% crash rate...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ah ive been riding ratty bikes for a few years now (started on a 250 i bought for $450) then i had a 500 for about 2 years. I debated between this and a gsxr750, but in the end I didnt want a bike I see every 10 seconds, and i definately don't see this bike often.

My friend bought a new2007 600rr a week after me which was also one of my potentials, its a nice bike but I love the amount of torque this bike has down low compared to when im riding his... I have to get to like 8/9k rpms on the cbr for it to have a similar throttle response.

and i paid 9500 otd, whoever asked that :p supposedly there are only 200 black ones in the USA but grey was supposed to be limited last year too and its like the most popular color.

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
ah ive been riding ratty bikes for a few years now (started on a 250 i bought for $450) then i had a 500 for about 2 years. I debated between this and a gsxr750, but in the end I didnt want a bike I see every 10 seconds, and i definately don't see this bike often.

My friend bought a new2007 600rr a week after me which was also one of my potentials, its a nice bike but I love the amount of torque this bike has down low compared to when im riding his... I have to get to like 8/9k rpms on the cbr for it to have a similar throttle response.

and i paid 9500 otd, whoever asked that :p supposedly there are only 200 black ones in the USA but grey was supposed to be limited last year too and its like the most popular color.
9500 otd is a really good price. I would imagine those bikes are still in high demand, and they have a msrp of 8999.

I definitely agree with you about it not being a very common bike. That's part of the reason I wanted my tuono. You definitely don't see those a round very often.

I think the 675 is a perfect sportbike. It has the low end of the sv, and if you wanna open her up it's got the hp up top for track purposes.

Where are you located? if you live in CA and got that bike for 9500 consider yourself lucky.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
9500 otd is a really good price. I would imagine those bikes are still in high demand, and they have a msrp of 8999.

I definitely agree with you about it not being a very common bike. That's part of the reason I wanted my tuono. You definitely don't see those a round very often.

I think the 675 is a perfect sportbike. It has the low end of the sv, and if you wanna open her up it's got the hp up top for track purposes.

Where are you located? if you live in CA and got that bike for 9500 consider yourself lucky.

I was originally going to buy one last year when they debuted, so i've been shopping them for quite some time. I'd seen some ads on cycletrader etc for some dealers a couple hours away offering 9600 otd, so when I went to the nearest dealer originally just to look, I figured I had nothing to lose so I was basically a total ass to the salesman hardballing him, and they beat it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts