Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hay gais!

I got myself a new lid. Ever since I saw it, I had to have it. And now I do!

Shark RSR2 (Top of the line bitches)

You can't see in the pictures, but the orange paint has some golden flakes to it...its really awesome upclose.

The paint job on this thing is amazing. High quality helmet with a bunch of features that compare to the arai corsair.

Haven't taken it on a test run, so I can't comment on the noise and buffetting. But its just as comfortable as the arai.

Visor switching is amazingly easy. Not sure how I like the chin strap though since its likea belt buckle in which you slip it through another slider thingy.

I can take more pics in detail if people are interested in the Shark Line. A very high quality helmet that is at a much better price compared to arai corsair.

Attachments

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Full line up:

Shoei RF1000
Vemar Carbon Fiber VSR
Shark RSR2 Miguel Duhamel Replica
Arai RX7 Corsair Hayden Wired.

Next in my eyesight

Shoei X-11 Kiyonari

I'm an oddball...all the helmets fit me well.

Attachments

·
Problemo?
2,294 Posts
I love it! Always loved the graphic scheme but the shell of the Shark helmets just seem to be a weird shape to me.

ps- your Vemar :run:

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
hot, my next will prob by an arai when I get my next bike! (it'll be a few years, maybe when im a junior or senior in college)

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hahah i was trying to say the shell looks like its shaped way too out of wack for my dome. Definitely an interesting type of shape...and you said all your helmets fit well? Is your head made of Jell-O?:laughing:
Maybe!

Well, I think I just have a neutral shaped head (albeit big, all my helmets are XL LOL).

Lots of people say shoei = round, arai = oval.

I've tried on two other brands that do not fit me no matter what...agv ti tech (rossi rep, its pretty hot) and any of the suomy extremes. I love the detail in the suomy as well, but the actual shell rubs against my forehead...not comfy.

If any of you are brazilian, check out the Shark RSR 2 Barros..lol.

8,021 Posts
I've seen that helmet in person before. Its a great looking helmet.

I'm jealous you have the carbon Vemar. I wanted one when they were selling it cheap but they didnt have my size available =(

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hot, my next will prob by an arai when I get my next bike! (it'll be a few years, maybe when im a junior or senior in college)
SaCH

I'm at helmet harbor right now and they are selling a couple of RX7 corsairs brand new for around 450 dollars. That's a steal from a online store. Looks like the wraith, edwards, and hayden laguna 2006 model is on closeout. This might mean you can find a good bargain on ebay.

8,021 Posts
I was reading that Arai wont honor their 5 year warranty for online purchases because there is no certified sales person that fits the helmet for your head. Dunno if its true but just thought I would share.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts