Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the new year is here, it's time for me to add some simple things to my car. I already have my Tein coilover kit on it's way. I would like to get an AEM v2 for my car (02' rsx auto SS) Greddy EVO exhaust (which I believe is only available for type S unless I get a header) So now for my questions. Ideally would I need a header to put a type S exhaust on my car? If so, what would you recommend? Something easy to install, not too pricey as far as headers go, and that would allow me to hook up to a type S exhaust. Also, where would be the best place to buy the header, Greddy EVO exhaust, and AEM v2 for auto rsx? I'm in Ontario, Canada. I work for Honda up here, and get parts at cost, too bad I couldn't get aftermarket parts at cost. :) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Well a shorty header has been said to be very insufficient in power wise, but a race header on the other will set you back like $550+ but will give you some gains. And I believe in order to hook it up to a type-s exhaust w/ a shorty header the header must be for a type-s as well and an extension maybe needed. But with the race header, it will just bolt right on with any type-s exhaust. Check out www.adventon.com for some of the parts. Hope this helps. Also try doing a search for more info on your set-up.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yeah, if you work for Honda and can get parts at cost then buy an OEM Type-S header. It will be far better than any other header you can get because after market headers have a tendency to mess themselves up and rattle.

But any Type-S header, supposedly, (race, shorty, etc.) will bolt up to your engine block and then allow you to bolt up any Type-S exhaust as well. Check out the ClubRSX.com store and Froogle.com

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So If I buy the OEM type S header, will a Greddy EVO exhaust hook up to it? How about a type R header? (Not sure If I can get them or not, will check today)

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes, if you have a stock Type-S header the EVO will hook up. Type-R as well if you can get your hands on one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will everything bolt up perfectly? Or will I have to add a piece? What about the cat? Will I still be able to keep that in for emissions testing?

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Basically everything from the header to the tailpipe needs to be from a type s.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
MrBiggs98_ said:
Will everything bolt up perfectly? Or will I have to add a piece? What about the cat? Will I still be able to keep that in for emissions testing?

Thanks

Everything will bolt right up perfectly. I am acctually in the process of purchasing a Toda race header and Fujitsubo Power Getter exhaust. I will let you know how that goes! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
yeah, if u get a stock header or shorty header, u need the cat.

if u get a race header, i was told u don't need the cat, but do u need anything else besides teh header and catback?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Only the race header and the type-s exhaust. The race header elmintates the cat, but you will get CEL with out the cat in place. There are a few companys that make a o2 sim to keep you from getting a CEL. Another option is to have a high flow cat welded onto the race header.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes, it would work. O2 sims run up to about $100 from what I have seen. There are a couple of threads in the other performance forum in regards to O2 sims and what type seems to be working for everyone.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few places I've looked for the AEM v2 for my auto rsx, said that AEM doesn't make one for the auto. Would the one for the manual work? How much modification would be needed if any?

·
Registered
213 Posts
It will work for the auto. No modification needed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does the one for the type S work for the auto as well? Any better than the one for the base model?

Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was just offered a JDM Honda RSX Type R intake manifold. Would this give me any gains on my base auto? Is it worth getting? $400 cad

·
It's は時間行く!!!
59 Posts
MrBiggs98_ said:
I was just offered a JDM Honda RSX Type R intake manifold. Would this give me any gains on my base auto?
It will bolt right up....but won't gain anything out of it. You still need the TB, Type-S ECU, etc. to get any gains out of it...plus the A3's head breaths like a old man on life support....IMO its just a waste of money unless you get the entire K20A/A2 engine.

·
Registered
213 Posts
V2 for the type s does not work on the base.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts