Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here is some stuff i installed this past saturday, sorry for the poor quality, the lighting was bad for my camera phone.

Besides blowing the upper intercooler piping twice which sounded like a rod snapped, everything is good. The car pulls harder then you can imagine. The factory bov was leaking at like 6 or 7psi, now i hold ~11. The upper I/C piping supposively adds 7-10whp - smoother air flow and solid pipes instead of the flimsy rubberish material.

Greddy Upper Intercooler Pipe Kit
Greddy Type-S BOV
Greddy Profec B-Spec II Boost Controller (coming Wed)

Enjoy...

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
What is the "upper intercooler" kit for?

I got the complete intercooler kit for $700.. Does that come with that piping or do I haver to buy something else? grrrrrrrrrrrrr......

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
pyropete said:
What is the "upper intercooler" kit for?

I got the complete intercooler kit for $700.. Does that come with that piping or do I haver to buy something else? grrrrrrrrrrrrr......
dude, he's talking about his eclipse gsx :thumbsup: And I'm guessing he is talking about his factory side mount intercooler

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah its for my eclipse :)

sorry, i post a lot on crsx even though i sold my rsx almost a year ago. Its just the dsm boards are filled with teenie boppers and you can barely get any good help or conversations going. thought i'd share with you boosted rsx's...

going to upgrade to a front mount soon... can't wait!

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeahi said:
how come u sold the rsx for the eclipse?
lower car payments
all wheel drive
comes boosted from factory
endless modifications
being unreliable (having to fix the car every 10 minutes..lol always blowing a vacumn line or something) - jk :)

things i regret about selling the rsx, could've been either boosting stage 2 or had the toda n2 cams by now... but w/ fwd traction problems, going to awd was cool i guess. In a way I sort of wanted to build a cheap drag car, eclipse, but now that i have it, I kind of like it. I won't be going all out like I wanted to. At most a 20g turbo, if not an Evo III 16g. Still building the motor, but will take my time on it. I figure i'll keep it daily driver. I wouldn't mind getting the rsx either if i can find one used in good shape and build it up to be a auto-x/road course car. 1/4 mile is fun and all, but its getting boring. This saturday i'll be in the mid-high 13's having spent 1,500 from a flat 15 second car... I could've done it for less, but i always go with the big name companies and the bling - like apexi gt stainless steel exhaust - shit set me back 1100 w/ downpipe.. buschur racing sells their complete turbo back for like 5-600 bucks... so the eclipse is a good drag car and is cheap to make fast...thats why i like it... i wish it wasn't so heavy though...

but yeah the rsx might be something to look at again if not something rwd...by 2005/2006 - it depends on my goals by then...i want to move out soon :)

sorry for the long post! :thumbsup:

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah, i sort of miss the rsx's styling..its one of the nicest when lowered with blacked out headlights, type-r wing, nice bronze wheels (on a black car), hid's, oem body kit, tinted windows

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aznbeayst said:
how much was ur spec 2?

if it was in stock i could've gotten it cheaper, but it had to come from a warehouse in cali. I get all my parts cheap through a business license my buddy has.. its nice to know that its a real shop so you can go to them for return and they also can tune your car there.. i believe they have a dyno, but its not awd :( the guys supra is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you ever come up during the week or early on a saturday i'll show you.

I thought the boost controller would've been a little bigger. I wanted something to fit the lower half of my radio din.. i might decide to mount it on the steering wheel extension part...

can't wait - i get it today!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts