Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 105 Posts
sonny, u "only" made 245? are you still running the stock header? i know you got that thermal 3in. so i thought you would be makin a little more.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Unfortunately, the JR header that I wanted has some issues with the Thermal 3inch. So I am looking at the Comptech now instead. I am not doing this water injection for some time. I am still researching. Header, no cat first. Once those two things are done I will start the water injection. Hey, everyone take it easy on Boosted. He is cool with me. He just wanted to bust my ballz, since he hasn't in a while. It's all good.

you know what boosted. wdsonny has done alot of work and testing on the JRSC. and you know what i have been there to witness it all. just becuase he does not post a dyno sheet everytime does not mean that he does not have the power. and with what types 150 said your the hater. i mean you have turbo congrats. i want one. but i am more intrested in seeing what sonny can do and will do with the JRSC. so chill out.

wdsonny said:
I knew it. There is one in every crowd. How much water will be going into each cylinder? 150cc split 4 ways is not very much. I will be in vapour form but at the same time dissipating heat. The result is cooler intake/combustion chamber temps. Resulting in more power. Cleaner spark plugs and less carbon buildup. The amount of water that gets vapourized is minute in itself. 1.2 ounces of vapourized water or less depending on the size of the jets. This is the same principal as N2O (H2O). See a familiarity here?

Here is a brief description of nitrogen.
Standard state: gas at 298 K
Colour: colourless
Classification: Non-metallic

Here is a brief description of hydrogen.

Standard state: gas at 298 K (the lightest gas known)
Colour: colourless
Classification: Non-metallic

I understand physics of atoms and molecular breakdown. Again, the same principle of N2O injection.
you however forget that the gasses in the air we breath are 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen. n2o is simply more oxygen per part than in the atmosphere. Compress this to insane pressure, and yes, you get power.

if we wanna use the chemical forums, hydrogen is very flammable, is it not? Adds more spark, but i can't get past the idea of intentionally spraying water into your engine.

edit: but yes, i have heard gains from it. However, i'm not boosted, so much research to me, would be a waste ;)

Discussion starter · #27 ·
The reason for the ugly chart is due to the boost controller. This is the furthest we have ever pushed the RSX with all stock internals so it will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Yeah, all I am willing to test internals is 11psi. You go ahead and blow your motor. I want everyday street usable power with zero maintenance and reliability. I have said it before and I will say it again. There is one in every crowd.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
One more thing...

Boosted_dc5 said:
and i am interested in seeing what your car looks like after 14,000 dollars of stuff put on it :driving:
You will see it after it has $4500 worth of stuff added to the outside. Oh, but is that before or after my spread in one of the more popular magazines that I might just be accepted for. What's this, the ultimate sleeper shootout!

oh my car well i decided that the 14g will be put into paying off the car. and i am going to buy either a evo or a g35 coupe. i am not sure honestly but i might keep the rsx. i am still in a debate over this right now with myself. i dunno. i thought cybernation stage 2 but i dunno

I dont know why you are making fun of boosted for being in shows because his car is more performance oriented than yours.

The audio system is there for the point system. If you actually go to a carshow and pay attention on the judging you'll find out that they judge you based on...

1. Suspension
2. Interior
3. Graphics
4. Cleanliness
5. Engine
6. Attractiveness
7. Paint
8. Body Kit
9. Wheels

and your favorite

10. Audio System

Thats why he needs it.

Dont lecture me about the show cars being slow because I have a show car too. It ended up in a magazine cover for its engine. And no its not an RSX so its faster than your car.

Does it have to turn into a Turbo VS SC thread? Sonny has a good idea, why do you guys have to knock it? If you dont like super chargers thats all good but there are already a ton of threads about that. Lets keep this on topic.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Albert. Not sure if you know or not, but I know boosted. Known him since like July of last year. Read my post. I was just busting his ballz. I love his car. It is very sharp. But, that is the way he wants it. I like the sleeper effect. And that way is going to work for me also. Again, I do the things that I think are going to improve my overall performance, reliability and driveability. If your "show" is not comfortable because it is slammed to the ground then you have lost your driveability. If you have so much power that it spins out everytime you go somewhere, you have lost some reliability. Everything you do to a car/truck/SUV when you mod it you will lose some of those three. I am trying to maintain daily driver status while still putting very decent and clean power to the ground. That was the reason I was researching this subject. Boosted and myself are somewhat friends. We talk on occasion and so forth. So the comments we traded were not meant to hurt each other. It was all in fun.

Man alot of anger in this thread..... :firemad:

Wow I go away for a few months and the drama continues on; Good to see you haven't given up on the RSX Sonny. Now to the topic at hand: What people are failing to realize is that JR themselves offers a form of water injection...now while it's not available for the RSX obviously the idea is a tried and true method. "Nuff said

Don't talk to me about how nuclear reactors operate I do that shit for a living...

21 - 40 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.