Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts
wdsonny said:
Anyone else with ideas whether this will work or not. I believe it will.
It will work.

But from what I have gathered...you have to up the boost, to make additional power. Since the water vapor ends up taking the space that more air would occupy if there was no water injection.

Also it always seemed to make more sense on a turbo setup, due to these ease of boost level adjustment. On the SC if you ran say 10-11psi and were using the water injection to help achieve this, you would always have to keep a close eye on your water supply.

Just food for thought.

wdsonny U Rock dude keep us up to date how it goes. :thumbsup:

wdsonny said:
Not that I have heard. All the SVT and Cobra guys over at Corral.net use this. This basically an aftercooler. Jackson Racing sells them for like $600. You will most likely get rid of the car before "anything bad" could happen. As with any mod to your car, you take full and sole responsibility for things breaking. As Edo once said, you are not making power unless you are breaking something!
Water injection is what we used on SR20's to hit 400whp+ stock block back in the day. Some turbo camps will say its a band-aid solution, some will swear by it. I personally used water injection with great success.

-Ron

wdsonny said:
Thank you. It's about time I get a little more support about this.
If you haven't thought of this already, you could repurpose your windshield fluid reservoir for the water injection system. The nozzle is so small that one fill actually lasts about a month. My system was even ecu controlled as well, so that's something to investigate with k-pro. Should be a slam dunk, since it already has nitrous control. I don't see why the same trigger couldn't be used for water injection. This is how JWT did it.

-Ron

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Hey Ron,
How is your newest projects coming along. I had thought about the windshield washer. But then again, does the pump have enough pressure to do what I want it to? I guess we can find out.

wdsonny said:
Hey Ron,
How is your newest projects coming along. I had thought about the windshield washer. But then again, does the pump have enough pressure to do what I want it to? I guess we can find out.
You wouldn't use the windshield washer fluid pump, only its reservoir for water supply. The ERL Aquamist system has its own high pressure pump.

-Ron

wdsonny said:
That is the one piece I was unsure of. Still though, piece your own kit would be kickin. I will see.
Yes it would, but now isn't the time to experiment with unproven technology - is it? The Aquamist system works, takes a lot of the guesswork out of the equation much like how the k-pro provides the least path of resistance for tuning.

-Ron

Discussion starter · #51 ·
It is proven. The SVT guys and Saleen guys use DIY water injection kits. Although, they have twice the displacement they have to shoot twice the water. I think the links on the first page give all the information for kits that you need. The Aquamist kits are setup very nice. But, they are kinda pricey. We will see.

hmmm...the guy who owns the shop where I order most of my stuff from has been suggesting this water injection to me for a couple of months now. At first I thought it was kind of skeptical but I think sonny and ron have my interest piqued-guess I got something to think about...

wdsonny said:
Thanks for your insight Ron. You were always a step ahead in this community.
You're welcome. You want to try the Comptech Race Header and bust out some crazy numbers?

-Ron

Norman Sipp said:
At first I thought it was kind of skeptical but I think sonny and ron have my interest piqued-guess I got something to think about...
Discharge temps in SC application can be brutal over time. When left unchecked and coupled with sustained high rpms, its lethal.

This mod is a very prudent one for longevity which will help protect against premature wear and tear. Its a very good anti-detonation preventative measure.

-Ron

Discussion starter · #57 ·
What like for free? Yeah. Still have the stock header/cat. I am not doing anything to my car for the next month or so. Need to handle some ugly business that I got in to. But, if you let me use the header I will go to the same dyno shop that I got the 7psi pulley done at. Mucho gracias!

edo said:
You're welcome. You want to try the Comptech Race Header and bust out some crazy numbers?

-Ron

wdsonny said:
What like for free? Yeah. Still have the stock header/cat. I am not doing anything to my car for the next month or so. Need to handle some ugly business that I got in to. But, if you let me use the header I will go to the same dyno shop that I got the 7psi pulley done at. Mucho gracias!
Sure, I got tired of people bugging you about getting a header. That's why I'm offering it. Do you have k-pro yet?

-Ron

Discussion starter · #59 ·
No K-Pro. I do have the latest flash that Doug wanted me to test out. The K-Pro I am waiting on. Like I said, I got into some mischief and need to get that settled. Then, it is back to the car. Researching and getting opinions on things now. Shoot me an email. wdsonny@cox.net I have a scan tool so I can clear CEL's.

wdsonny said:
No K-Pro. I do have the latest flash that Doug wanted me to test out. The K-Pro I am waiting on. Like I said, I got into some mischief and need to get that settled. Then, it is back to the car. Researching and getting opinions on things now. Shoot me an email. wdsonny@cox.net I have a scan tool so I can clear CEL's.
Come up, pick up the header and have your ecu converted to k-pro. I'll take care of the upgrade.

-Ron

41 - 60 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.