Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Got Juice??
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my car tuned on a decent nitrous jet, finally lol. Here's the setup

Bone stock K20a Type R, RBC manifold, Kiddracing header 3" exhaust to Vibrant muffler, Nitrous Express single fogger dry with fuel controlled by Kpro and 1000cc injectors, fueled by E85, Tuned by Dee at All Performance Garage at 6250' elevation on a Dynojet 428.

·
Registered
345 Posts
just curious...how detrimental is that to your motor opposed to lets say a supercharger or turbo? are there precautions to take to make sure you can run spray reliably ?

·
Got Juice??
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice numbers. 150 shot?
It's a .052 jet

just curious...how detrimental is that to your motor opposed to lets say a supercharger or turbo? are there precautions to take to make sure you can run spray reliably ?
It's no different than a turbo or supercharger. Change your plugs to a colder temp depending on the shot, and tune it. I was untuned for a while but it was only on a 75 shot.

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
That just means an instant torque spike. That's why you stagger the shot like I do. Same hp in the end, but only half the stress when it first starts spraying.

·
Got Juice??
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn. That's only about 120bhp or about 108whp. You must be making a lot of power all motor.
I only make 215whp on the motor.. What did you make on your 150 shot? I was planning on stacking 2 75 shots on top of each other if this 100whp jet didn't make what I wanted lol. It did alright though so it'll probably be on there awhile

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
I've never dyno'd it with the 150. Most I've sprayed on the dyno was a 105 and 25 shot. Dyno'd 312whp with that, and 207whp All Motor.

I'm surprised you picked up that much power with that jet. The Type-R motor must really like nitrous. Are you sure it's only a .052 jet? Take a screen shot of your fuel settings in the nitrous tab if you don't mind.

I just noticed in the screen shot of your dyno that it cuts off at 7000rpm. Mine made peak power at 7900rpm on the spray.

·
Got Juice??
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah my motor has seemed to always love the bottle. I'll get a pic of the fuel tables when I get a chance too. My charging port on my lap top took a shit on me so I have to get it off a different computer. As far as the RPM range goes, I think my intake is killing my top end power. It peaked at 8000rpm all motor too, but I'm working on fixingthat and bringing tthat powerband up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts