Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Way too many cars
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than just announce my new ride, I thought I'd include a write-up on the dealer experience as well for our So-Cal and Illinois members.

First of all, I wanted to apologize to those people who inquired about the new Type-S wheels I offered for sale. I had quite a bit of family trouble and had not been online in a while.

During this mess, I lost the chance to purchase a 2006 Premium White Pearl Type-S at Joe Rizza Acura in Orland Park, Illinois. The car is meant for my company vehicle in the Midwest and would be garaged in Illinois, so it was perfect. They wanted 21k for the thing and it was uncertified, but CLEAN, 25k miles and very nice. Even the metal name plates on the floor mats were unscratched and intact.

In spite of the fact that I offered a grand to hold it, they sold it to someone else and royally pissed me off, so now I was determined and realized exactly how much I've been spoiled by my two Acura dealers, especially after my experience at the Acura dealer in Southern California.

Luckily, I found an 05 PWP with slightly higher mileage, but an Acura certified vehicle in California which is 1.5hrs flight time from my home in Arizona... Already having Magnesium Metallic, it was now time to nab a PWP since I always liked the Type-R in Championship White, but the pearl seemed a lot nicer in my opinion.

The car came with the rubber trunk mat, the edge coverings on the fenders and doors, mudflaps and the premium shifter upgrade. It's nice looking, but nothing compared to the Mugen shift knob in my 06, so it's on the shopping list.

The car is in great shape, but there is a minor scuff on the bumper and a rashed rim that I had asked they compensate me for by taking some money off...Nope...Tossing in the Interior trim kit...Nope... So I had a choice to fly home or take the car and it sucked that I allowed myself into that position of giving that leverage.

I found it a bit annoying that the Acura dealer decided to pull the old "you're already here" leverage trick and go back on claims to make deals, etc. and stood on their price. The salesperson I worked with on the phone was not there and while they were "nice", the whole process was rushed and painfully obvious they wanted the deal over and done with. This was a far cry from Continental Acura in Naperville and Scottsdale Acura who bend over backwards for new/used car customers.

While they did pick me up from LAX, I would have thought they'd be a bit more flexible based on the damages and the fact that I made the effort to come out. I expected some flexibility based on the statements made by the finance manager and original salesperson. Man, I hate the subtle underhanded nature of some dealerships.

I guess the level of service their fellow Acura dealers exhibit has escaped Rizza and Planet Acura.

In the end, I even wanted to give them the business of the A-Spec bodykit and wheels I wanted, but asked if they'd help me out considering the things I found wrong with the car... Even after all the other minor crap, but also after the sales manager was getting obviously annoyed with me and actually pulled a "stern" disposition on me. It took quite a bit out of me to not stand up and tell this guy off, but it was the finance lady who brought the conversation back to a light-hearted level.

I don't feel I was ripped off, but I feel that a couple hundred dollars could have made the difference in this event and could have come in the form of an accessory or discount on something they'd make more profit on.

The salesperson I dealt with who picked me up from the airport was a good guy, the salesperson I originally talked to on the phone was decent, but I think the powers that be may need a reality check. I think they simply thought they didn't have to do shit for a person who flew all the way here to buy a car, was already in the store and they'd possibly never see again... It's very sad.

I drove the car 400 miles (on one tank FTW!) through the desert. While I was driving home, as the speeds increased, there was a horrid vibration in the front end and I started to become concerned with this "certified" vehicle. I knew it had to be a bent wheel or bad tire which bothered me since I'd literally be driving through the desert. I also heard a whining noise at certain speeds that reminded me of differential noise, so I immediately scheduled the car for a look-see at Scottsdale Acura.

As fate would have it, the new Type-S rims that I failed to sell came in handy, but there was no dented rim and turned out to be really cheap and noisy (shitty) tires. Still having these original wheels from my other 06 and a set of nice Bridgestone tires I used for rain/snow, Scottsdale Acura popped the OEM Michelin Pilot 215s off the new rims, put the Bridgestones on, transferred the OEM Michelins to the new car's rims and even balanced them.

The entire evaluation of the car was free including a code scan and the insane tire swapping cost me $80.00. Scottsdale Acura then sent, not an Acura demo car, not a Minivan and not a cab, but a limo service to come pick me up to get my car that I didn't even buy from that dealership. In addition to the complimentary car wash, they gave me a free wash ticket because the weather called for rain.

Now THATS how an Acura dealer should be.

I still can't believe the difference between my modified 06 and OEM and it is very possible that when I ship this car to Chicago, it's going to make a pitstop in Wisconsin at King Motorsports for some happy upgrades.

Let the modifications begin!

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
cliff notes???

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
Bought my Type-S @Acura of North Scottsdale, same place? Great group they have there, they never hassle me over mods and always honor warranty work

·
Registered
135 Posts
they really had u by the balls, they knew u were there to buy the car. salesmen are disgusting.

·
thisdancegetstheladies
4,750 Posts
Did your dealership give you a blowjob AND ass-to-mouth during the service? No, so eat my shit which btw is something MY dealership offered but i respectfully declined because quote "im not a sick fuck" end quote.

congrats on the car though. i was just trying establish that my dealership is better then yours since you were all flaunting your dealership thinking it was all that and a bag of chips...

·
All show n no go
1,503 Posts
You had a bad experience,but ended up with a good car ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
nice choice on the color

·
Bye bye BOOST, i-Vtec now
9,395 Posts
Very nice, PWP will never get played out.

·
Way too many cars
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
congrats on the car though. i was just trying establish that my dealership is better then yours since you were all flaunting your dealership thinking it was all that and a bag of chips...
haha... not that it was all that, just that they surprised me with how MUCH different they were compared to the other two I wanted to actually buy a whole car from.

The flying out and having me by the nuts was something I wondered about, but figured since I had a decent experience at two others, maybe the Acura dealership mentality was just different.

That and the fact that I was sick of waiting to get one. Luckily it really IS in good shape and got a clean bill from Scottsdale. With that, the parts department beat Curry Acura's ebay prices and acurahondaworld.com's prices on all the accessories I wanted, so that really kicked ass.

They lopped off $279 off the total price for the ASpec bodykit and the five-spoke ASpec wheels, so that's coming within a couple weeks. Most of the aesthetics will be done in AZ, the rest will be done in Wisconsin at KMS.

·
Way too many cars
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
couldn't have put it any better. :coffee:
yep thats basically it for cliff notes.

Sometimes I blather on about things in detail for sake of those who might want some insight on specific dealers, shops, etc.

If I can push someone toward a good place and away from a bad one, then that's cool.

how much is the car?:)
The car was $18,900, 40k miles and came with the used certification for 100k miles. Whether or not that is worth anything (never knew anyone who needed to use it).

The only bad areas were one scuffed rim and the front lip has a couple rock chips with a eight+ inch scuff on the passenger side bumper that someone touched up. The interior smelled like a used car (basically the car spent its entire life never getting a proper interior cleaning), but this didn't bother me.

It came with the body/door molding stuff (which looks a bit weird to me, but whatever), mud flaps, premium shift knob and rubber trunk mat. So it came with a few, small goodies I guess.

Blue Book for excellent condition is $20,670, so considering the damages I think that I paid bluebook for it. They were standing by the fact that they're making $500 on the car, so as long as they were telling the truth, then I think I can accept that. I just wished the one sales manager wasn't such a tool toward the end of the transaction.

The wheels were all replaced by my OEM 06 wheels that are in perfect condition with almost no miles on them. The scratches will be concealed by the under-body kit and one that's complete, the car will be immaculate.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts