Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker but never really signed up. Anyways, I picked up a 2002 Acura RSX-S a little over 2 years ago to use as a winter beater. I really enjoy the car but I always get picked on by other cars. Maybe because I am dropped people always tries to race me. Of course I never do because I don't have any other mods.

I have a really good friend who is awesome at fabrication and we decided to put together a custom turbo kit. I'll keep updating as parts keep coming out. Enjoy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here is a picture of the intercooler installed. Also downpipe and hi-flow catalytic converter and dump tube.

·
Super Moderator
259,405 Posts
You may have some issues with that manifold creeping judging by the wastegate placement.

Other than that it looks real quality.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Why is that? Is that why Full race places it on top of the manifold with a 90 degree bend?

·
Super Moderator
259,405 Posts
Full Race has switch to useing a teardrop entry on their gates now, allows for better flow. They used to have a 90 degree bend off the top off the collector, then switched to on the bottom of the collector with a shorter entry similar to yours, then switched to the teardrop entry.

Your manifold is more similar to the design Peakboost used, and some had issues with creeping as well.

Just giving you a heads up.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up. It should be easy change if it really is that bad. Any images of Full Race's new teardrop entry? I see on their website that it's still like mine but shorter.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see, so all I really need to do is to cut it a little shorter.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again. Any other useful pointers that you can give me about building this kit?

·
Super Moderator
259,405 Posts
Well the kit seems to be in order. There's a lot of useful threads in the forums to guide you for your fuel system and other basics for it.

What turbo will you be using?

·
BECAUSE! racecar...
4,220 Posts
That is a long fucking wastegate thingymabobber >.> LOL

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going to go with a Holset HX35. As far as fuel system, I installed some 60 lbs. injectors and an Aeromotive in-tank fuel pump.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
check out my new wiper reservoir. BTW, does anyone have a turbo base map for the AEM series 2? I need something to be able to drive from the shop to the tuner?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts