214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DC sports ss-header 4-2-1
AEM v2 intake
DC sport twin canister exhaust
Tanabe Sustec Pro-S OC type II coilover kit
Tanabe Sustec Pillowball upper mount kit
Enkei RPO7 18 inch rims (deep dish biaatch!) w/ yokohama's

now, this is going to set me back substantially. but I'll be complete with stage 1 tunes (if you can even call it that).

The downer is I live in an apartment and I dont own a garage. Im not sure how much of this I'll be able to do on my own, but luckily theres a garage within walking distance from me and the wrench on duty knows his S about mods.

I guess I'll be forking out some cheddar for the labor. My question is, looking at the list is there anything at all that Im going to need additional? Im thinking some possible missing hardware or maybe something I overlooked (Like the fact that I can get more bang for my buck by going with a different model or manufacturer

ive made my decision and this is my list :p I may reconsider the exhaust if I can get what that DC twin can gives me for under $600. Im not sure what this exhaust sounds like either so..I dont want a fart can

Total cost shipped = $3711 (possibly lower, im waiting to hear back from another wheel vender)

IMO, this mod is going to be worth its weight in gold!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good on paper :)

like I said though Im concerned with the exhaust. Theres so many choices and i do plan on slamming this thing down so I dont want an exhaust thats gonna scrape.

Im looking at the tanabe, comptech, greddy and invidia also ( I guess that covers all of them!). Really all I want is a deep throaty sound and a substantial hp gain that will compliment my headers and intake WITHOUT scraping the ground if I lower between 1.5 and 2.0

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
If you don't want a fart can, DC TCS is great i love mine, kinda miss my fart can sometimes, but its all good...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D Fabulous said:
If you don't want a fart can, DC TCS is great i love mine, kinda miss my fart can sometimes, but its all good...
so if you could describe the sound what would you say?

would I get that deep throaty sound or is it almost stock? not that the sound is all that matters, but ive heard greddy and I like that.. just curious

·
Registered
862 Posts
Get yourself the hondata IM gasket too.. its $60 and helps a little..

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
4,510 Posts
I have read alot of threads about the shitty quality of DC Sports products especially from RSX owners. The welds on their exhaust tips were shitty and came apart and that their headers' have cracked. Nothing good at all. I would save my money and buy quality products.

Save your money on a shorty header, and dont get one, gains are minimal and the $400-$500 you will pay is not worth it.

This is what i would do if i were you.
AEM V2
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Legal: Jackson Racing Race Header w/ Car Sound Cat
Illegal: Jackson Racing Race Header
Exhaust system of your choice based on sound since hp gains are minimal.
Hondata Flash
The suspension mods you picked are nice, but you might also want to pick up the Mugen Replica Front and Rear Upper Strut Tower Bars. They are a great buy and stiffen up the chassis quite a bit. They are really cheap too. If you go race header, then maybe the Whiteline or Toda Front 25mm sway and the Eibach 23mm Rear sway.

Sorry if my post is all over the place, i am tired and dont care enough to organize it!
Hope i helped.
-Jalal

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks MJ

Ill look into that stuff and see if its within my budget. one thing though, are the illegal headers illegal in every state? do they sound ghetto?

cant spend much more than what I have now

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
4,510 Posts
sawwbuzz said:
thanks MJ

Ill look into that stuff and see if its within my budget. one thing though, are the illegal headers illegal in every state? do they sound ghetto?

cant spend much more than what I have now
I am pretty sure that a Race Header is illegal in every state, thats why its says for off-road use only, for emissions reasons. I heard the Jackson Racing Race Header on a Type S with only a CAI and stock exhaust and this thing sounded like a mother focker. Not ghetto by any means. My friend Carl a.k.a. Spent 198 is ordering the Toda Race Header soon, and when he has that and his Fujitsubo Powergetter installed, i will be able to comment on how your kind of setup will sound. I am very sure that it will sound great to your ears.
If you dont have money to drop all at once, then just buy things one by one. Just take your time, your car is not going to fly away, and better products will come out while you save.
-Jalal

·
Registered
294 Posts
Go with the DC tcs and shorty header, but get a high flow cat. Although the dc exhaust did have problems when it was first released a year a half ago, they have since corrected the problem by adding another two bracekets between canisters to keep the vibrations down. My local shop has a project rsx and said that the dc was the only exhaust to get worthwhile gains. Since adding the hi flow, header, and exhaust I've noticed a substantial difference in response and acceleration. Stick with DC, they may have problems sometimes, but they are always helpful in getting the problem resolved. Also, get the hondata im gasket as someone else mentioned. Good luck and let me know if u have any questions

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya I think thats what Ive pretty much decided to do. the car wont fly away the the cash that is sitting in my account will, thats why I wanted to get the whole shibang.

Im probably gonna skip on the headers and just get the intake and exhaust (for now)..not sure though..

also debating to get the HKS hiper cat-back or the dc sports twin can. probably go with the hks since people are rating it fairly high here.

one thing, how much of an effect does a silencer have on HP gains? I notice the hiper comes with a removable one...

·
Registered
294 Posts
sawwbuzz said:
ya I think thats what Ive pretty much decided to do. the car wont fly away the the cash that is sitting in my account will, thats why I wanted to get the whole shibang.

Im probably gonna skip on the headers and just get the intake and exhaust (for now)..not sure though..

also debating to get the HKS hiper cat-back or the dc sports twin can. probably go with the hks since people are rating it fairly high here.

one thing, how much of an effect does a silencer have on HP gains? I notice the hiper comes with a removable one...
This is just a guess, but i think i have heard that a silencer loses a couple hp but at the same time adds a little torque. Get the TCS, best choice I've made on my car

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so If I do stick with the setup above, other than the intake manifold gasket will I /need/ a high-flow cat?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts