Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mini tuck pg. 3
Some progress on every page...
Motor install on pg 4
Almost finished pg 5
Complete for Now pg 8
SRI for rain ftl pg 9
Some random pics of my car and friends ITR swapped eg pg 10
Well too much to say...Hu installed, some s/c parts, Point and shoot photoshoot, Black interior, and tranny tear down... Pg 11
suede headliner and p/s removal pg 12
Headliner and black parts installed... pg 13
red door panels and about it for now... pg 14
Welding sanding primer and bondo! pg 15
lsd and tranny parts pg 16
tucking my friends hatch and tranny pg 17
hatch tucked, relocated and friends crx pg 18
Wasnt planning on getting this deep into it but since i pulled the motor i miht as well do it now.

Long story short. Had 200psi on all cylinders except cyl 1 was 160 psi and jumped to 190psi with a wet compression test so with some advice from others i figure ii wouldjust pull the motor and get new rings...

Recent Pics

Well on with the pics... How she was sitting...

And time to start...

And its out...

How she will sleep for a while...

And the tear down...

·
06 TypeS
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And here are the pistons and rods after i took them out... Rings look fine but why is that rod crooked?

Goes from possible fried piston rings to a bent rod.

While i had the motor out i took it to the machine shop andhad it honed and checked to make sure the cylinders were in tolerance. Also had him double check the rest of the rods to make sure they werent slightl bent at all.

While I was waiting on the machine shop and all the parts to come in i decidedto start mking the motor look PRETTY!

Also figured I would tuck the fuse box under the driver dash relocate the battery and delete the ABS.
This is where i located the fuse box so it would still be accessable.

I will update with pics of the ABS delete once the paint dries...

Sanded and painted everything that was a different color to make everything blend.

And Some of the parts that i got in.
Stg 4 clutch for the boost build coming soon :noes:

New rod and timing chain...

Now im just waiting til monday to balance the rods and for the rest of my parts to come in and i will start wiring the fuse box and making the charge harness for the battery relocation and start putting the motor back together. Will update with pics as soon as i can.

[/IMG]

·
06 TypeS
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here are a couple MORE PICS! UN TAPED the engine bay and it looks SO good. Heres a couple shots of how it came out.
You can also see the new proportional valve and all he new brake lines. Also made a new clutch line to match!:thumbsup:

I dont like to be too sloppy in th garage...

·
*NEW*06 VBP-S
1,173 Posts
Will be going with aftermarket rod and pistons or keeping it stock?

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
wow our cars are fucking identical!! haha fucking love it! I'll be watching your build thread for sure!

·
06 TypeS
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
siiiick. that looks like so much fun. lol i'm sure it doesnt feel like it right now haha. cant wait to see this finished.
:thumbsup: Thanks It actually isnt too bad. I love working on my car. It wont be fun if it doesnt run after the build lol "knock on wood."

·
06 TypeS
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:bow: you'll love boost... it's an addiction :bow:
I know i cant wait. Seriously i cant wait...Now im going to have to save for a couple more weeks til i can finish buying everything. Damn build is putting me back a little. but its worth it.

Also funny how the dealer says my motor and compression is fine with a bent rod... Damn dealers but then again i wouldnt have tucked or deleted anything lol So im pretty happy with it so far.

I cant wait to see the finished product!:shady:

·
Registered
33,987 Posts
is it me or im starting to see a lot of nice SSM lately. nice man, im planning on going boost and do this too once im done with my suspension and exterior mod. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 599 Posts