Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
06 TypeS
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
As for the cold side the clamp holds it in place. Just loosen n remove it
Ya fitting by Itself and just put the an fitting on to see how It would clear shifter cables.

I tried that as well. Took clamp and cold side off but it's hitting on what clamps the cold side to the other side.. anyone have this little piece?

I am calling full race tomorrow anyways to see if they can ship me one.

·
06 TypeS
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
awww yeaa, almost there, did u figure out the coolant port deal??
Yes for the most part. Just have to figure out how to route them and fittings to use to make it work.

Getting closer!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice build how's that electronic power steering working for you? Im interested in doing this myself but I've heard mixed reviews.

1. How is the feel of the EPS compared to hydraulic power steering?
2. I heard that the ep3 steering rack creaks on lowered cars? Any truth to this?
3. What would you rate the difficulty of this conversion? Is there a DIY out there?

Input, would be greatly appreciated...

·
06 TypeS
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Nice build how's that electronic power steering working for you? Im interested in doing this myself but I've heard mixed reviews.

1. How is the feel of the EPS compared to hydraulic power steering?
2. I heard that the ep3 steering rack creaks on lowered cars? Any truth to this?
3. What would you rate the difficulty of this conversion? Is there a DIY out there?

Input, would be greatly appreciated...
What u heard is a lie.
What monjarassi says is the truth. I haven't had any creeping or actually noise in general.. I think the eps feels easier to steer but then again I haven't had hydraulic in years and had no ps after that so I don't really remember. Hahaha

I'd say it isn't very difficult at all.. hardest part would be wiring the rack up. Plus alot easier to remove the engine but can be done while in..

·
Registered
327 Posts
What monjarassi says is the truth. I haven't had any creeping or actually noise in general.. I think the eps feels easier to steer but then again I haven't had hydraulic in years and had no ps after that so I don't really remember. Hahaha

I'd say it isn't very difficult at all.. hardest part would be wiring the rack up. Plus alot easier to remove the engine but can be done while in..
Thanks for clearing that up for me guys, now I gotta find a DIY for this upgrade lol. :deadhorse

·
06 TypeS
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Thanksnto Martin for helping me throw around ideas for cooling the turbo!

Whats the front wire harness looked like before I started hacking it up...

Got the gauges all wired up!!

Now on to some finishing photos. (Just need dump tubes fab'd up)

Anyone elses intercoolers look funny and somewhat high?

interior....

let me know what you think!!

·
RealTalk
5,636 Posts
looks legit couldnt change anything, looking good and sharp, keep it coming

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanksnto Martin for helping me throw around ideas for cooling the turbo!

Whats the front wire harness looked like before I started hacking it up...

Got the gauges all wired up!!

Now on to some finishing photos. (Just need dump tubes fab'd up)

Anyone elses intercoolers look funny and somewhat high?

interior....

let me know what you think!!
Labour of love,takes a lot off talent.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Dude this build:love::love: Looks amazing man, Sooo much respect for doing all this urself in ur own garage. I was stoked when i intalled my coilovers myself, thought i was big man on campus :eek: lmao. love this build and can't wait for more :bow:samurai bow

·
06 TypeS
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
looks legit couldnt change anything, looking good and sharp, keep it coming
Thanks for all the help and info! Helped me get where I needed alot faster and look good doing it.:thumbsup:

·
06 TypeS
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Labour of love,takes a lot off talent.
Dude this build:love::love: Looks amazing man, Sooo much respect for doing all this urself in ur own garage. I was stoked when i intalled my coilovers myself, thought i was big man on campus :eek: lmao. love this build and can't wait for more :bow:samurai bow
Thanks guys. Appreciate it. Once you can believe you can do it.. you can. Idc if its not the best or everything is completely perfect but that I did it all. Motor could blow up 2 weeks down the road and next time I build it I will make sure to build it better but you never learn if you dont try.

Thanks again for the kind words.:thumbsup:

81 - 100 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.