Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the last week, I have noticed two very odd starting issues. They were both cold starts in the morning, and I always keep my car parked on a slight incline(just the way my parking space is) with the parking brake on, and gear in reverse. When I start it cold, it always revs right up to 1800rpm or so, should be same for any RSX. I replaced the battery 2 months ago.

First case: I get in my car, take it out of reverse into neutral, and then try to start the car(usual starting routine). Starter cranks really slowly, and once the engine started, it was stumbling and idling slow and erratically about to stall. I nudged the shift lever within neutral(pushed to the left), and then immediately started idling normally.

Second case: Same starting routine, and very slow crank again. It gets slower and slower until it completely stopped after the 5th crank or so as if the battery was dead. I put the ignition key to off, I keep my foot on the clutch, quickly shift to first and back to neutral, and then try to start. It cranked normally as if nothing was wrong, and started right up, immediately idling at the normal fast idle.

I've owned the car for about 3 months now, never experienced anytihng like this. Slow crank when weather is cold, but nothing like the above.

Both times, touching the shifter seemed to fix the issue.. I don't remember feeling any lurching while the starter was going, so I don't think the clutch was dragging. If the shifter was out of adjustment, It shouldnt really that, should it? If its some kind of safety switch, it would probably not crank at all. I can't think of anything that might cause this... any one have experience with this?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Always try to fix the check engine light first before moving forward somewhere else. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
How many CCAs is your new battery?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts