Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1018 Posts

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Bluewind said:

Injen cai, Spoon 4-2 2-1, Amuse Titan R1, RBC im, IPS-K2 cams/Eibach springs/ Ti retainers, and Unorthodox SS pulleys.

Something is screwy with that dyno....the TQ and HP curves should cross at 5252 RPM, not 4000ish.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
EvaUnit01 said:
But what if he lowered his VTEC point like mine Brian? Remember my crossover point is 4100.

VTEC point is 2 TQ curves crossing in different runs. I'm talking about the TQ and HP curves in the same run.

Dyno's measure torque and calculate power.

power = torque x rpm/5252

They should always cross at 5252 rpm.

·
Friend of Slipknot
4,132 Posts
Oh ok...sorry about that...temporary brain fart. I remember now...yep...all coming back to me. I was thinking dyno tuning for some reason and VTEC points. So if thats the case with Bluewind...could it be something in the dyno program then?

·
N/A to go please...
3,848 Posts
Injen CAI, PRC Mani, Hondata IMG, ITR cams, JRRH with test pipe, Greddy SP2, and a partial tune of the ITR K-Pro calibration. :)

Please excuse the 2 glitches in the dyno at 3500rpm and 5300rpm... Not sure what happened there.

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
WhiZ said:
Injen CAI, PRC Mani, Hondata IMG, ITR cams, JRRH with test pipe, Greddy SP2, and a partial tune of the ITR K-Pro calibration. :)

Please excuse the 2 glitches in the dyno at 3500rpm and 5300rpm... Not sure what happened there.

8500 rpms and only 71mph? Was that in 2nd gear or something?

·
N/A to go please...
3,848 Posts
Kevin949 said:
8500 rpms and only 71mph? Was that in 2nd gear or something?
Runs were done in the 4th gear.

RPM divided by MPH = 71. Therefore MPH = RPM/71 meaning 8500RPM/71 = ~119MPH. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. :dontknow:

Old dynojet s/w :)

Peace

WhiZ

·
2 trunks = twice the fun!
1,020 Posts
Park, Brian - The graph doesn't cross @ 5252 b/c the TQ and HP are graphed on different scales. The graph only crosses @ 5252 if they're graphed on the same scale, ie 50-300. :thumbsup:

-Dan!!

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
New Dyno!

2002 RSX-S

Crower Stage 2 3/4 Race Cams
Supertech Dual valve springs and Ti Retainers
Ground Kit
RBC IM
Hondata IMG
KPRO
DCRH
RC 550cc Injectors
Prodrive Exhaust
AEM CAI
ESMM if they count

Done on Dynapack by church auto. UNTUNED.
For your viewing pleasure, here is a link to the dyno vid I took. It cuts off a bit at the end cuz the car hit rev limiter and it was too loud for my crappy camera. Sorry.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6ddfbb03-0fb7-43b6-b742-9abb5c7e2a68.htm

·
Friend of Slipknot
4,132 Posts
So with a good tune, everything will be smoothed out and I will guess 245-250ish on dynapack. Same thing happened to me, baselined at 186 with just streettuning, after a dyno tune I gained about 40whp with the crowers, ctrh, and toda exhaust. Do you have a scheduled date with Shawn?

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
EvaUnit01 said:
So with a good tune, everything will be smoothed out and I will guess 245-250ish on dynapack. Same thing happened to me, baselined at 186 with just streettuning, after a dyno tune I gained about 40whp with the crowers, ctrh, and toda exhaust. Do you have a scheduled date with Shawn?
I was supposed to go in tomorrow but unforseen circumstances have depleted my bank account. =\ Stupid nails in tires.

81 - 100 of 1018 Posts