Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1001 - 1018 of 1018 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Well guys ill finally be getting my rsx tuned within the next couple of weeks. k20a2 engine btw.
The setup will be be:
1. Supertech beehive valve springs and retainer set w/ IPS k2 cams
2. Ported RBC manifold w/ 410cc injectors.
3. Skunk2 Alpha header w/ 76mm(3in) skunk2 exhaust
4. Injen CAI
5. kPro v4
Hopefully i can grab at least 240whp from this. I will also be looking into a stage 2 competition clutch or an exedy stage 2 clutch. My current exedy oem replacement clutch is going to poo =[
I think you can get more than that...

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
Well guys ill finally be getting my rsx tuned within the next couple of weeks. k20a2 engine btw.
The setup will be be:
1. Supertech beehive valve springs and retainer set w/ IPS k2 cams
2. Ported RBC manifold w/ 410cc injectors.
3. Skunk2 Alpha header w/ 76mm(3in) skunk2 exhaust
4. Injen CAI
5. kPro v4
Hopefully i can grab at least 240whp from this. I will also be looking into a stage 2 competition clutch or an exedy stage 2 clutch. My current exedy oem replacement clutch is going to poo =[
CC stage 2 clutches are great, I installed one about 20k miles ago and it's been holding up to abuse very well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
kprov4
Injen CAI
Rbc manifold
Skunk2 alpha header
Skunk2 megapower RR exhuast
750cc injectors
walbro fuel pump
stage 3 action clutch (6 puck)
223/161 (was told its a low reading dyno idk) on e85
-Mireles Tuned

Attachments

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
kprov4
Injen CAI
Rbc manifold
Skunk2 alpha header
Skunk2 megapower RR exhuast
750cc injectors
walbro fuel pump
stage 3 action clutch (6 puck)
223/161 (was told its a low reading dyno idk) on e85
223/161 sounds about right for your mods on E85, doesn't sound low to me. Good numbers.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
K20z1
RBC IM
Invidia RH
Type R piping with straight thru muffler
Injen CAI
RDX injectors
Hondata IM Gasket
Ktuner End User - Javi Tuned
220/162 Dynojet

·
Registered
213 Posts

Engine: K20A, Mugen Airbox, Exedy OEM replacement clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Mugen Twinloop
EMS: Mugen HOA ECU
Suspension: Ohlins DFV,
Looks: Authentic Mugen 02-04 Aero,
Misc.: Lots of Mugen trash.

Here's a dyno from my new ECU compared to the stock Type R ECU.
First graph was with Twinloop on a stock K20A, second is with Mugen ECU+Air intake.

·
Registered
42 Posts
06 rsx type s mods are as follows
Transmission: ACT Twin disk clutch, synchrotech carbon syncros and springs, 5.8 final drive and lsd.
Performance: Custom 4in short ram intake with velocity stack, ktuner idle air assist delete kit, oil catch can running off the valve cover hose, skunk2 74mm throttle body, ported Skunk2 pro series manifold, skunk2 fuel rail, stock fuel injectors, stock k20z1, ASP custom header with 3in megaphone, 3in exhaust piping, no cat, 3in vibrant performance resonator and muffler, ktuner ecu, Royal purple and sometimes eneos for motor oil. The car made 258 hp and 181 tourqe on a dynapack. Red line is at 8300 rpm. Next mods will be oil pump and valvetrain upgrades. See attachment for dyno graph

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
06 rsx type s mods are as follows
Transmission: ACT Twin disk clutch, synchrotech carbon syncros and springs, 5.8 final drive and lsd.
Performance: Custom 4in short ram intake with velocity stack, ktuner idle air assist delete kit, oil catch can running off the valve cover hose, skunk2 74mm throttle body, ported Skunk2 pro series
manifold, skunk2 fuel rail, stock fuel injectors, stock k20z1, ASP custom header with 3in megaphone, 3in exhaust piping, no cat, 3in vibrant performance resonator and muffler, ktuner ecu, Royal purple and sometimes eneos for motor oil. The car made 258 hp and 181 tourqe on a dynapack. Red line is at 8300 rpm. Next mods will be oil pump and valvetrain upgrades. See attachment for dyno graph
+26 hp from valve train and cam upgrade.
Using skunk2 ultra cam stage 1 with dual valve springs and titanium retainers. Stock bottom end and stock injectors. Below is the dyno graph from dynapack. Car still has more in it but the stock injectors are maxed out so rev limit is at 8850 rpm. It's possible to reach 300hp but car requires bigger injectors, 12:1 compression, upgraded piston and rods.

Attachments

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
Nice progression, @alonzo562! Man, if that's the case, I think you should just upgrade the injectors only and save yourself the engine block work :)rain:) and you'll be sittin' pretty! I mean, you already are way up there.... Speaking of which, how high is your oil pump modified to be good for now? Your only limitation currently is fuel!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice progression, @alonzo562! Man, if that's the case, I think you should just upgrade the injectors only and save yourself the engine block work (<a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/baller.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Main It Rain" ></a>) and you'll be sittin' pretty! I mean, you already are way up there.... Speaking of which, how high is your oil pump modified to be good for now? Your only limitation currently is fuel!
Thanks. I'm using a ported oil pump from 4piston racing. I was thinking of just getting rdx injectors but the car wants to rev higher, it hasn't hit peak power yet so it would likely have to rev to 9k plus to see peak power. The stock rod bolts are the weak link right now so maybe in the future I'll upgrade the bottom end but for now cars good.

1001 - 1018 of 1018 Posts