Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been searching and haven't found the answer im looking for. going to build a n/a k24/k20 engine and doing research. im aiming for 280-300hp. will have build 4p P&P head and built block. my question is what intake manifold should i run. i current have a RBC not P&P but port match to 70mm on my car making 230hp. will the rbc be able to reach the numbers i want if i port and polish it. or should i go with a bigger intake manifold with 80mm or 90mm like the ktuned intake manifold or skunk2 ultra.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My car came with a KMod engine that dyno'd on KMod's dyno at 290whp/ 212 ft/lbs. It was a K24 with 12.5:1 compression pistons bored .5 over, Brian Crower Stage 3 cams, K20Z3 head with what looked like stock ports, and an RBC manifod that had the inlet ported to match the 70mm Skunk2 throttle body. Then again, that was with C16 fuel. I believe it did 280 something on 93 pump gas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car came with a KMod engine that dyno'd on KMod's dyno at 290whp/ 212 ft/lbs. It was a K24 with 12.5:1 compression pistons bored .5 over, Brian Crower Stage 3 cams, K20Z3 head with what looked like stock ports, and an RBC manifod that had the inlet ported to match the 70mm Skunk2 throttle body. Then again, that was with C16 fuel. I believe it did 280 something on 93 pump gas.
Thanks. Those are great numbers from an rbc. Saves me some money on my build if I don't have to buy another manifold. Hopefully port and polishing it along with the head will be enough to reach my goal

·
Registered
842 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts