Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So which do you guys think would have a better resale value, if later on you decided to sell your car? Or, do you think that both will be the same as a stock car? (i.e. Kelley blue book or something). BTW, Im talking specifically about the RSX.

·
Korican
874 Posts
If you are going to do either, and have to sell her. Than it would be best to return her to stock and sell the parts IMO. You lose so much, I would do everything I could to keep the car.

·
28,748 Posts
Unless you get a person who likes all your mods like it, you're gonna have to sell it stock to regain some money. The dealer'll most likely pay stock even if it is FI.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if you had let's say, a (basically) full Type-R conversion do you think you would get more for it? For example the A-spec has got to blue book for more then a regular S.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
things are different when you are talking about oem parts....but im not sure about the addition of jdm parts.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Any car that is modified in any way will not be as desireable as a car that is not modified. You are basically narrowing the market you can sell your car in and the parts that are bought for the car generally depreciate in value as well so it may hurt the resale of your car even more if your modifications are not considered desirable anymore.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hndacvcjosh said:
Any car that is modified in any way will not be as desireable as a car that is not modified. You are basically narrowing the market you can sell your car in and the parts that are bought for the car generally depreciate in value as well so it may hurt the resale of your car even more if your modifications are not considered desirable anymore.
Good point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts