Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
n/a is really expensive, i was really wondering whats a smarter thing, full displacement or to use forced indcution. Im a money type of guy so please tell me whats a better money choice, and what will be cheaper in the long run. Thx.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
turbo is more bang for the buck

·
Registered
10 Posts
This topic has been beaten to death too many times. A quick search wouldn't hurt. But I don't wanna be a dick so here I go...

As you mention yourself, N/A will be more expensive.A turbocharger would be a wise choice if you're concerned about money. It's the best bang for your buck compared to N/A. N/A tuning is limited so if you think you'll be able to upgrade parts in the future, the smart choice would be F/I.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Turbo may be the best bang for the buck, but reliability and longevity are questionable. Yes the turbo guys will jump on me for this, but thats how I feel. However, n/a gives you the option of building up slowly, that the turbo does not. Add a CAI here(200) throw in a hondata(600). The turbo money is all up front. The whole 4 grand or so after installation. My question is: MSRP on RSX-S is 23 and change + 4 grand for turbo = EVOLUTION!! If you wanted a turbo car.......W/e. In the end it's personal choice and you'll have to make your own decision.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
pints99 said:
Turbo may be the best bang for the buck, but reliability and longevity are questionable. Yes the turbo guys will jump on me for this, but thats how I feel. However, n/a gives you the option of building up slowly, that the turbo does not. Add a CAI here(200) throw in a hondata(600). The turbo money is all up front. The whole 4 grand or so after installation. My question is: MSRP on RSX-S is 23 and change + 4 grand for turbo = EVOLUTION!! If you wanted a turbo car.......W/e. In the end it's personal choice and you'll have to make your own decision.
if you plan on running 12's either way, both n/a and turbo will have some reliability issues....i would not think about reliability when considering the two.....

boost has its advantages in straight line performance, top end, and the ability to upgrade.....its much cheaper to pull 30 whp out of a boosted motor than a non boosted.....

if you want run mid 13s with nothing more then just stay n/a.....im sure the toda kit,intake,exhaust should be enough....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Toda and bolt-ons should at least give you a flat 13 with good tires. Possibly better. I can't remember his name, but there is a guy on here who runs like 13.5-13.7 with just bolt-ons, i.e. CAI, exhaust, header, hondata, and tires. Either way, good luck.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
crazyk20 said:
Yeah, if you have the right etup with Toda, 12's should be very attainable.

with good driving ;)
although the toda/i/h/e + tires combo does add a significant amount of power, driver credibility is often overlooked in these conversations

lat-R

·
Korican
874 Posts
DavidT said:
Turbo=Broke down 10,000 miles later. n/a=Still do'n 9000 RPMs 10,000 miles later :D
Depends, same could happen with N/A, N/X. So what does this mean, it all depends. Depends on what you buy, how you install, how you tune, etc. If you have reasonable knowledge and are willing to continue to learn, then you pretty much will be fine. Just keep the fuel coming and the spark agoing It is objective, it is easy to make big numbers with boost and spray. N/A is a tad bit harder, so you will get more props.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think that's why I like NA. You have to work, and plan a little harder to really get it done. Also you can build your car piece by piece and see how each mod affects the car and so on. i think its more rewarding. Turbo is fun, and may be faster, but not on my Honda.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
although the toda/i/h/e + tires combo does add a significant amount of power, driver credibility is often overlooked in these conversations
:iamwiths:

My best ET (two track visits) is 15 flat at 95 MPH. Other PPL with my setup are hitting mid and even low 14's.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
talyler said:
:iamwiths:

My best ET (two track visits) is 15 flat at 95 MPH. Other PPL with my setup are hitting mid and even low 14's.
Have you ever taken your car to a track other then in Arizona?

·
Registered
419 Posts
turbo owners say that your car is reliable if you maintain your car and know what your doing.i dont think there are any rsx's with anywhere close to 10k miles or atleast a year owning their car..maybe a few..cybernation has alot of miles on their car too..just open a shop and you'll be good to get a turbo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts