Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with real Apexi N1 muffler and replica N1 stype muffler?

I need an N1 but how does a replica compare to the real thing

$50 vs. $200

·
Kompressor
9,596 Posts
my dealer had a Apexi N1 on a type S (along with ww kit...eww) idk what the difference is, but the real apexi was all coroded and shit.

8,021 Posts
i VieTEC said:
anyone else have N1 universal muffler?
I have a N1 Turbo universal. Before my turbo, low end used to be really deep and high used to be pretty loud and not so deep, but it sounded really aggressive. Sound will depend on how the piping is bent so it might not always sound the same but it will sound similar.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DesertSilverRSX-S said:
I have a N1 Turbo universal. Before my turbo, low end used to be really deep and high used to be pretty loud and not so deep, but it sounded really aggressive. Sound will depend on how the piping is bent so it might not always sound the same but it will sound similar.
Real Apexi or replica? Do you still have the muffler? Do you remember if it was 3" going through the whole muffler? Hey I still want your tires if you have them. I just need to come up with the money.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Why are you picking up a muffler when you have a Magnaflow exhaust? Are u just gonna attach the muffler to the stock unit....doesn't that give u less gains than the magnaflow
?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
chiller

Magnaflow is good for N/A rsx but I'm going to be running boost in 2 or 3 weeks. The piping of the magnaflow catback is 2.25" but inside the muffler it narrows down to very small like less than 2", and then gradually flares out to a 4" tip. This is a big bottle neck problem for me. I don't have the funds left to get a new catback system at this point so I was thinking of using a turbo N1 with 3" flow through in place of my magnaflow catback. Or unless someone is willing to trade with me for a more free flowing exhaust.

The jackson race header i got is 2.25" also

BlackOpsDC5

They are 5Zigen fn01c not advan

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
as far as i know the replicas sound just as good as the real n1. something like the bomz n1 exhaust... its very deep and it has no high pitched noise or ricey sounds at all.

a good bargain on ebay for 50 bucks i think.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i vieTEC let me know how the jackson race header hooks up to your magna flow catback. I will be doing the same thing. I just need to know if they fit directly together or if you need to git it welded. THANKS

·
Registered
826 Posts
Does a muffler actually give you any gains itself if used with the stock exhaust system?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RSX type-Seeya said:
i vieTEC let me know how the jackson race header hooks up to your magna flow catback. I will be doing the same thing. I just need to know if they fit directly together or if you need to git it welded. THANKS
I think it should bolt on directly but i'll let you know on sunday after i install it. Look in your magnaflow muffler from the tip. The tip is 4" but it narrows down to less than stock in diameter. It's like so small inside the muffler.

chiller

muffler is only as good as the midpipe going into it...unless there is a restriction in the muffler like the magnaflow...2.25" piping into about 1" something muffler chamber :firemad:

8,021 Posts
I have the real Apex'i Turbo muffler. The inlet is 2.5 inches and outlet is I believe 3 inch. I just did 2.75 crush bend pipe because I dont know of any muffler shops that will do mandrel bend locally. Email me if you want the tires because for some reason I cant go onto the ClubRsx site at home. Stupid Comcast wont even help me even though its a problem with one of their routers.

Anyways, my friend had a Apex Replica and it sounded pretty nice. It was nice and deep on his Accord.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you still have your old N1 exhaust? I don't know your email addy. My friend also have an N1 replica on his accourd and it sounded pretty nice.

8,021 Posts
i VieTEC said:
Do you still have your old N1 exhaust? I don't know your email addy. My friend also have an N1 replica on his accourd and it sounded pretty nice.
I still have my N1 but I might be changing it out soon.

·
I <3 my Honda
1,597 Posts
How would the n1 turbo muffler sound with stock piping? I'mplanning to just get piping done to the axle back since this is just temp. and i have a n1 turbo muffler sitting here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts