Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! :wavey:

I'm in need of your nitrous knowledge! I've just got the Nitrous Express #20923 EFI 35/50/75 system for import 4 bangers, and I've only got so much experience installing car parts in general. Here are my 4 basic questions:

1) Does anyone know how much a speed shop might charge to install the system? :dontknow:

2) Where could I get the bottle filled?
:iamwiths:

3) Is it illegal to have the system in general in PA? (or anywhere for that matter?) Ought I to hide it and the switches?
:confused:

4) How quickly do you go through a 10lb bottle if you drive hard? (on average)?
:eek:

BIG thanks to anyone who can help me answer these questions. I had to do it, just HAD to; I mean there won't be a turbo out for like decades... (In Impulsive RSX Owner Time).

As always, you guys are the best.

:thumbsup:

·
i-vtec
391 Posts
sorry, i can't help u too much but i think that the bottle should last about 15 runs. as for getting it installed or filled :dontknow: for the legality, i will be trying to hide my bottle 'cause i'm 16 and the cops are looking out for us new drivers. :laughing: plus, i want a sleeper. maybe in place of the spare, like daddy s's but if i get a flat i'll be screwed.

btw, what shot is that, 50, 75...? and when u get it installed make sure to post pics and vids. i'll probably be getting a base with a NX kit. want to see what u'll be runninthanks:)

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man

Going to use 50 shot for now... I'm grabbing a new digital camera tomorrow, so I'll post some pix next weekend when she's all done!! :thumbsup:

Now, *cough*, someone help me!!! :laughing:

-Ian-

·
Banned
9 Posts
1) Does anyone know how much a speed shop might charge to install the system? 2-300 in most cases - its much funner to do it your self though

2) Where could I get the bottle filled?
the track usually has the cleanest stuff - or your local speed shop if you are running on the street and need it now

3) Is it illegal to have the system in general in PA? (or anywhere for that matter?) Ought I to hide it and the switches?
I believe it is legal in all states, not 100% sure though - you are more likely to get a ticket with it though - only because you are put into the 'street racer' category in the cops mind

4) How quickly do you go through a 10lb bottle if you drive hard? depends on how often and for how long you spray, not just driving habits

Can't wait until mine comes in too!

·
Banned
9 Posts
fab_thepeopleschamp said:
jdkindle, are you going to be using NX also?
Could you give us the details?

If I got nitrous it would be for track use only.
I guess I wouldn't have to worry about the cops...
Yes, I got the basic kit and the GenX2 kit - it will be here Wednesday and I plan on writing a how-to soon

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
My kit got here yesterday but my car is still in the body shop, I am still debating where I cam going to mount it.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excess,

For the love of God and your own mother you must install the nitrous. :thumbsup:

You only live once. Speed is good. Chicks dig nitrous purges... and... it looks neat.

All the reason you need!

:spin:

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JD, :thumbsup:

Except sideways seemed safer to me...

and: be sure to waste the $200+ on a remote bottle opener so you don't have to get out of your car like a sucker!! :spin:

-Az-

·
Banned
9 Posts
he said he regrets getting the opener because he has to check it every time anyhow - I have not asked him about positioning though - it does seem safer to put it sideways IMO

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't see why he has to get out, man.. I heard him too in an e-mail. The opener WORKS. No need to go make sure. Just flick the purge and see.. you know?

Sideways.:thumbsup:

What I want to know is how he got those toggle switches to stay/fit so well in the tray. Mr. Kindle? Meh?

:iamwiths:

·
Banned
9 Posts
I found this switch holder thingee yesterday at PepBoys that seems will work perfect - I will take pictures in a bit and post them after while

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I am definately going to put it on as soon as the car comes out of the body shop. I think I am gonna put it like DAAM did, heres the pic. The only thing is that after I do what he did I will paint the aluminum black so that it looks flush. Later on when I get the money to get the remote bottle opener I'll put it in the trunk

Attachments

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jd --- what panel!?!? SHOW ME!!! *crying*

excess --- what am I looking at here? I'm a little.. ehm.. toasted. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
9 Posts
Now I have a place to hook up my hazards too, if all goes as planned - there is also one with only two slots if that is all you want - here is a picture of the box for reference purposes

Attachments

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is what I was intending!! the bottle opener button is just right for it!

:-(

that one you got fits perfect though? :-/ I'm just worried that the bottle opener one isn't a simple on/off switch... :(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts