Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm taking the Naturally Aspirated road when i start moding my car (only had my car for a month so its a freakin virgin ). Since I live in Cali, I want advise from fellow Califonians on which mods to get that wouldnt cause the piggies to write me up a ticket. I'm more into JDM parts, and was thinking on getting the Mugen Air Intake and Mugen Sports Exhuast first, then get the Hondata. In terms of headers, i havent decided yet, throttle body, considering the TODA individual throttle body that they are releasing this year. Any contructive advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Since you live in Cali...a Race Header would be a no no since it eliminates the cat. The Toda individual throttle body is also not a good idea as there is no carb #. Basically if you are concerned with the cops search'n your car for legit performance mods, stick to the carb approved bolt ons and do run a Toda engine kit. Since the engine kit consists of internal parts only, no cop would ever know ;)

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
You can always get the car-sound cat to put the cat back on with the race header. If anyone asks say you were traveling somewhere (desert?) and hit a boulder and had to have it replaced...

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
<---- Lives in cali now a days if your lowered your gonna get atention so I say no matter what you do your gonna get looked at
but I would say try to keep your car Quiet just don't get to flashy

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Scud said:
You can always get the car-sound cat to put the cat back on with the race header. If anyone asks say you were traveling somewhere (desert?) and hit a boulder and had to have it replaced...

Yeah, if you want to stay legal, get the carsound hi flow cat...It should pass emissions.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
BaysicTypeS said:
<---- Lives in cali now a days if your lowered your gonna get atention so I say no matter what you do your gonna get looked at
but I would say try to keep your car Quiet just don't get to flashy
werd... that's why I'm still on stock rollers and just dropped it 1.5" All the good stuff is going under the hood ;)

Kinda wish I didn't tint the front windows, get more looks (yet to get pulled over *knock on wood*).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts